Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Citalopram - how does it make you feel?  (Read 15008 times)

catdude

Re: Citalopram - how does it make you feel?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »

Suey43 - I have taken Citalopram twice. Once for a major depressive episode some years ago when I would say they saved my life. Yes I had side effects in the first couple of weeks but they settled down and I did okay on them. I had a further depressive episode more recently, was prescribed exactly the same dose of Citalopram but this time side effects for me were unsustainable. No idea why the effect was different on separate occasions!

GP offered different ADs or counselling. I went for counselling which was not CBT but a 'mindfulness' based counselling giving coping techniques which seems to have helped to some extent.

So it's horses for courses I suppose and you may need to be prepared for a bit of trial and error until you find something that suits you.

Mrs January

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »

Hey Suey 43

Honey I took it last year due to reaching crisis and bad marriage etc. Now out of the mad marriage and had lots to cope with since, Jack's funeral on Thursday and I thank goodness for the C just now ...I plan to reduce it at some time but the loss of Jack is unbearable so we wait and see.

Try what you need hun and thing of it as just any meds to make you well, we all have a life to live and better for it if we are well honey

Love and hugs

Mrs J xxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 03:41:08 PM »

MrsJ - wait at least until after New Year before even considering not taking it  ;)

Sometimes the brain gets used to the concoction in a drug so won't absorb if given a 2nd/3rd time.

suey43

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 05:07:36 PM »

Mrs J

What you're going through puts my trials into perspective. I'm SO sorry you're having such a traumatic time.

Sincere condolences and will be thinking of you on Thursday.

Very big hug and best wishes. Take care xxxxxx

Mrs January

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 09:49:56 PM »

Hey Suey43

We all have stuff to bare honey.Life has just been harder on me this last two years.

Take each day as it comes, focus on priorities and don't let anxiety run away with you. I take C and am better for it, if I take it forever then so be it to keep my brain and I happy.

I cry each and every day just now for the loss of my boy Jack but he won't want me too forever and I treasure the memories he left me behind xxx

suey43

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 02:26:17 PM »

How are you Mrs J?
Been thinking about you and what you've been through over the past few days.
S xxx

Mrs January

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 03:15:14 PM »

Hi Suey

The days got tougher honey, as they do after a funeral. 200 plus at Jack's god love him...

Coroner's reports tomorrow for inquest so I hold myself tight some more for the days ahead.....How's u??

Love and hugs

Mrs January xx

suey43

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »

Sending my best wishes and sympathies to you and a big hug.
Thinking of you. Xxx

Mrs January

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2014, 08:56:37 PM »

Hi Suey43

Thanks honey, how's u?? I read the police reports and cried a river, but It gave me answers which have helped no end xxx

Mrs January

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2014, 09:05:52 PM »

Hi Suey43

Thanks honey, how's u?? I read the police reports and cried a river, but It gave me answers which have helped no end xxx

suey43

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2014, 06:32:00 AM »

So sorry Mrs J - sending hugs and best wishes xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3]