Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Another vent!  (Read 5421 times)

bramble

Another vent!
« on: September 24, 2014, 08:00:54 PM »

My sister asked me to do something for her the other day. It took me a good few hours and she got a confirmation email from the company to say the order had been placed. It came today. Instead of a phone call to say thank you for all your help, I got a call to say that part of it was missing and the inference that I had done it wrong. I told her to check the confirmation email - I had done it right and the company had done it wrong. I am fuming! She does not know the word grateful!! Selfish b*tch! Always been the same - why do I never learn?

Bramble

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Another vent!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »

Why?  It took many years before I realised that I no longer have to put up with my sister's crap.  She was making up stories on the 'phone 1 morning and I was getting irate internally: I put the 'phone down  ;D ….. when it rang I didn't pick it up.  A week later I got a letter stating "I hope your 'phone has been mended by now" ……. don't know if she was taking the p..s or being serious.

I never told her that I put the phone down so I no longer had to listen.  What's your Plan for the future?  (see my recent thread on how angry I was ……… )

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 08:45:50 PM »

It's so difficult isn't it - my sister doesn't know the word thank you and I sometimes feel very peed off as you may have noticed.  But trapped by circs so can't walk away.
Does your sister know you were upset bramble - have you ever had it out with her ( not easy I know ).  If I ever say anything i find it makes things worse and I always end up feeling in the wrong.
Flaming families :( xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 09:38:49 AM »

My sister would shrug if I told her that she had upset me.  'cos she probably knows already  >:( .........

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 01:06:48 PM »

My sister wasn't always easy to get on with. We had a few short words and there was no contact for 6 weeks. Then I found out she was terminally ill. I had made assumptions that she was being difficult. After, that nothing that had gone on before seemed to matter any more. We had just a few short months left. Please think about whether you want a relationship with your sister. If you do....talk! Tell her when she does .....you feel ....... Sorry, I wish my sister was still here.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »

Of course you do.  But I have never 'had' a friendship with my sister who is younger and jealous, jealousy backed up by my Mother  :'( ....

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »

Dear CLKD, I understand for you that to survive, you have had to remove yourself from toxic, dysfunctional relationships. That is different. Ju Juxx

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 01:33:50 PM »

My sister is almost 14 years older than me. I thought she was great when I was little and a total pain when I was a teenager. It was like having two mothers, truly awful.

Now we get on ok. We kind of need to because of my mother. We have always helped each other out when needed. My major problem is that my hubby does not like her and the feeling is mutual. Does not make for happy families.

I would not like us not to be able to get on even if she is a bossy b###r. We are not alike at all which can make it difficult to find common ground.

Bramble, speak to her. We often don't consider others feelings especially when they are family members.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 01:37:47 PM »

I gave my sister several 'chances' but she would make promises about being friends then be really really nasty.  We fight physically when together, not very adult .......... it doesn't take much for me to blow as she keeps goading ......... and she has 'a look' which could melt butter  :D which I've never been able to master  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 02:02:02 PM »

Bramble, just say "Thank you would have been appreciated." Sometimes in all the hustle & bustle of life these little things are sadly forgotten.

I forgot to say thank you once for a favour done by mum's friend. I got short shrift from my mum, but I immediately phoned her friend and apologised.  Maybe your sister just needs reminding from time to time. Other option is don't do her any more favours if she can't see she's upset you.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »

'thank you' is essential in this house!

vianne

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 02:59:09 PM »

Thank you for this thread about sisters. I have recently had a bit of an upset with mine. We've never really been that close but are civil to each other usually. At least I know I'm not the only one now!  :)

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »

I think we get to 'this age' and aren't going to take any flack from anyone, not even rellies  ;)