Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞  (Read 39326 times)

Wanderer

Re: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2014, 03:38:35 PM »

Funny, I was only thinking today, that I will never be the person I was three years ago, I won't ever come through it, so to speak, I will always be like this, for perhaps the next thirty years! And that is because, as I have mentioned many times, not having read the textbooks, my body decided 18 months after my last period, to throw every PHYSICAL menopause symptom at me, literally overnight. How can that ever go away, how can atrophy stop, it's already damaged everything, how can my tight pelvis ever come back, it's physically impossible, how can my digestion ever be normal again, the pelvic muscles are too tight to allow the digestive tract to process food. I never had the sweats or flushes that will disappear over the 5 - 10 years of normal menopause, I wish I had sometimes. I did have dreadful uncontrolled anxiety, which is controlled by drugs and hrt, the one "normal" symptom, maybe that will go away eventually, the others won't. So, how do we cope with long term, forever symptoms? We are not ill, so normal counselling and Talking Therapy won't help, do we just "put up and shut up"? How did women before us cope, were they stronger than us? I don't know the answer, but all suggestions would be gratefully received!

Feeling v depressed and sorry for myself today!

WANDERER XXXX

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2014, 03:58:18 PM »

Wanderer: Ladies do 'come through it' so why should you be any different?

Anxiety is an illness.  Depression is an illness. Back pain and other aches can be treated - it's knowing which symptom to trot to the GP with 1st that was my problem  :-\

Anxiety can be controlled ........... unless like me, it suddenly over-takes the medication  >:(

babyjane

« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »

wanderer I have to disagree, talking therapy can sometimes help.

I was referred to the chronic illness psychology department at my hospital some years ago because I was struggling to accept my 'new normal' (not meno but something else). I was resentful and fighting against what was happening to me.  the chronic illness psychologist dealt with the emotions that come as a result of a 'new normal' and helped guide towards a form of acceptance. I found it helpful for me, a bit like this forum finding I was not the only one to resent the change happening to me as a result of menopause.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]