Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞  (Read 39324 times)

honeybun

Re: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 07:45:48 AM »

Thanks karenja. My daughter died many years ago age five days old, but I know that changed me forever.

Don't go to bed. Face your day no matter how hard. Hiding from the world makes things worse.
Try reading Dr Clair Weekes books. They are a bit old fashioned but relevant.

Set yourself a little challenge and see how you do.

I hate shopping centres but yesterday I went with my daughter who needed stuff for uni. I did it. Not for long but I did and every time I achieve just a little thing it gets easier.

You have been feeling like this for a while now and from what you have said not once has anything really bad happened. If you can just accept these feelings and know they will pass then everything will improve.

Take care.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 12:37:23 PM »

I used to curl up on the settee when depressed/anxious.  For weeks and weeks and ......... it was often the only good quality sleep that I got.  Cats didn't mind  ;).      I knew it was avoidance but I had to allow the medication to begin working.  I had a strict routine in the morning but after lunch I used to flat, 4.00 p.m. was my worst time - when the fear took a real hold.

My mind would race some days.  Others I could do the relaxation therapy.  Others I slept.  I believe that if I need to sleep I should do so - or I feel hung over and sick anyway  ;)

karenja

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 08:01:37 PM »

Thank you both again I can't even imagine how is cope with all your help and advice x

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »

Finding what suits you today and not feeling guilty about your choice is important.  If you had a head cold you would take medication and sleep.  I find even now that not looking more than half a day ahead helps the anxiety.  I also shop when it's quiet.  I never allow the cupboards to run down so that I am never forced to shop 'today' - I can put it off until I am in control.  I have also learned to say 'no' to things and allow myself to change my mind without worrying about 'letting others down'.

PaulineW

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 08:27:32 PM »

Honeybun is must have been an awful time for you when you lost your daughter so sorry big hugs  :-* anxiety is a funny thing it can take over people's lives  :( It has mine sometimes holidays are the worst two three day breaks are enough for now . Trying CBT at the moment early stages at the minute xx

karenja

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 09:43:51 AM »

Well Ive been to the doctor about palpatations, she listened to my heart said it seems ok and felt my pulse reasonably ok, I was wound about going as usual and having to talk about it, she checked ecg and confirmed it was fine (but if your not having palpatations when the ecg is carried out wont it be fine anyway??), she didn't suggest anything other than referring me to see a counceller  (cant spell it)  for the anxiety x

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »

Palpitations and ECG are 2 different issues  ;)
Counselling can help.  Discuss, decide, ditch.  How long will you have to wait?

Relaxation therapy in the meantime!

karenja

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 02:56:44 PM »

Hi CLKD

She didn't say how long I will have to wait, she did first of all suggest betablockers for the palpatations, then when I pointed out I have asthma she rechecked my records and said oh yes you cant have betablockers then, just as well I knew that it was a dr Ive seen rarely before, I could only see whoever was available today, I just experienced the thump that felt like my heart was jumping out, ectopic heartbeat is it called? scary, but the doctor does not seem worried apart from recommending councelling, so what can you do x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 04:01:58 PM »

Ring the Dept and ask how long you will need to wait.  Your GP should have told you  >:( ……. in the meantime, begin deep breathing exercises 10 mins every hour?  Sit quietly.  When do you feel the worst?

karenja

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 05:25:37 PM »

Hi my anxiety is usually worst in the evening, through the night or first thing in the morning, usually if ive had panic attacks in the night I know next day will be bad for me, the palpatations which Im getting more and more tend to happen any time, I can be watching tv, walking up a hill, in work sat at my desk, no specific time really, Im getting increasingly worried there is a problem with my heart or something it sounds silly but I guess part of the anxiety is health anxiety and when you are suddenly experiencing things you never had before it can be frightening, to be honest I think just being on the hrt stresses me out with the risks with that but I know that the benefits can outweigh these too Ive read so much on it and had advice on here, I will ring the surgery tomorrow and keep deep breathing x

karenja

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »

love the cat pic by the way X

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »

One has to decide whether to feel ill for the rest of our life or take the very small risk i.e. HRT.  Have you read the menus, left of screen?  After all we could get run over by a bus 2-morrow  ::) ……. I would rather have quality rather than quantity ……… which means that DH and I have a Life 2-gether again. 

By evening I'm a different person because my commitments have been done.  I have learned not to make decisions after 4.30 p.m. but to wait until next morning, otherwise I wake with a rush of anxiety and "Why did I say yes last night"  :'( ………. anxiety can be high first thing: anytime after 5.00 p.m. : and eases off as the day goes by.

karenja

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 08:19:14 PM »

Monday will be challenge for me Im getting a train to go and get my teeth whitened Im going on my own its about an hour away, I hope its a good day for me x

Suzyq

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 02:58:13 AM »

It's so hard but you really need to force yourself to do little things every day - if you feel anxious and do it anyway it's a good thing! I went through exactly the same thing but cbt helped me enormously - I now do nearly everything  I want to whereas I was virtually housebound 2 years ago! Feel the fear and do it anyway...... It DOES get better!!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 12:17:33 PM »

It can improve.  But 'feel the fear and do it anyway '  :-\ ...... when fear strikes I'm on the floor, shaking in a corner.  NO WAY out without medication. 

I try to eat before my body becomes hungry which helps to stop that lurch.  I shop when it is un-likely to be busy so no joining long queues.  I go out and about on impulse and not when it's planned and if I have to plan, make sure I have an exit strategy. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11