Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞  (Read 39365 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2014, 01:07:48 PM »

Upping the meds seems to have helped. Also we are home.

I found that keeping a journal enabled me to vent, vent, vent ……...

Dandelion

« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2014, 12:30:46 AM »

Upping the meds seems to have helped. Also we are home.

I found that keeping a journal enabled me to vent, vent, vent ……...
yeah i like to write it down, just let it all out.

Glad stuff went well for you

I went for my lunch like i do every thursday, and I had the worst hot flush ever. I had to keep going out.
I know it was warmish and humid today, but i was sitting outside in a strappy top.
I don't like the idea of waking in a wet bed, despite fan, the thought of sleeping on the floor crossed my mind, if sweats get even worse, least less bedding to constantly wash.

westie

« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2014, 12:52:04 PM »

Anxiety has hit me big time this year.

Mine is mostly related to health, have had a couple of scares this year- a lump in my breast which thankfully was a large cyst and was drained, and now piles have reared their ugly head ( but of course in my head both of these were the big C and I was beside myself with anxiety and busy planning my funeral).

What doesn't help is that once the stress starts, other symptoms start ( palpitations, dizziness etc) which makes the health anxiety even worse!! Add to that an ailing mother and two teenagers and it's a wonder I can get up in the mornings!!

I had never considered myself the anxious type until I hit menopause, what a nightmare.

W

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2014, 02:42:32 PM »

{{{ Westie }}}

babyjane

« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2014, 03:17:53 PM »

yes westie ((hugs)

piles are the pits and very uncomfortable.  you have my deepest sympathies. Don't suffer alone. I find laying things down here in a post really helps me to move away from whatever it is for a while.

westie

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2014, 08:31:59 PM »

Thanks CKLD and Babyjane yes it really does help venting on here and knowing I'm not alone.

Onwards and upwards!,

W xx

Nata

« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2014, 02:13:15 AM »

I have a huge fear too... And to make the things worst I have another fear to go and ask my doctor to run a test and find out  because what if... 
Awful... It is poisoning my life :(

westie

« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2014, 06:32:24 AM »

I know exactly how you feel Nata I am the same, I get myself into such a state I can't think of anything else and by the time I get to the doctors I have convinced myself I have an in curable disease and find it difficult to believe that I haven't!!!

It's so ridiculous and as you say, it completely takes over your life.

I would encourage you though to go to the doctors if you are worried, it does help to talk to someone more rational.

Big hugs

W xx

karenja

« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2014, 09:29:39 AM »

had a night sweat first time in ages last night, it really scared me as haven't had one in ages, and it was always the way it started before the palpatations etc started, I felt just weird with it, but managed to calm myself down with a flannel and cold water, don't know what brought it on x

babyjane

« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2014, 09:37:55 AM »

I think the dropping oestrogen levels can be erratic, there isn't really a reason.  I had 4 months free of flushes and sweats all through the summer. Now, as the weather is cooler they are back again.

I have given up wondering why and just go with it.

karenja

« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2014, 11:01:14 AM »

thanks Babyjane, wish all this would end as quick as it started and we could go back to normal, Im desperate to start exercise again but even that makes me anxious, hoping yoga will helpx

babyjane

« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2014, 02:47:19 PM »

I am not sure what you mean by 'go back to normal'.  If you expect to return to how you were before menopause I am not sure that is what happens.  It is called the 'change of life'.  I think we get a different normal, a middle aged normal.  I am not expecting to go back to how I was in my 30s and 40s when I am approaching 60 as the change in oestrogen levels means we cannot possibly be the same.

That said I am looking forward to my new 'normal' and hoping my 60s are an improvement on my 50s  :)

karenja

« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2014, 02:56:20 PM »

Babyjayne any normal would be good new normal sounds great :) x

babyjane

« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2014, 02:58:53 PM »

:foryou:

honeybun

« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2014, 03:32:23 PM »

I think its the unexpectedness that throws me and when anxiety strikes its so difficult to bring it back under control. If only some sense could be made of then it wouldn't sneek up behind you and thump you on the back of the head. I know it will get better and like BJ says you get a new normal but a good one I hope.

With so many of struggling you would think we could come up with a solution

Honeyb
X
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11