Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞  (Read 39369 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2014, 03:50:58 PM »

What you suggest is how it should be however: I found that 'friends' couldn't understand why I could do something one day but not another  :'( so gradually walked away.  It wasn't enough to say 'if I can I will' because I got 'but you did it last month/week/yesterday' …….. so if someone asks me to pet-sit I always insist that there is a back-up booked before I say 'yes'.  That way it lessens the anxiety.

Don't know about HRT  :-\

karenja

« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2014, 07:49:18 PM »

Hi

I understand what you mean when you say friends don't understand they just don't, though they do try I suppose until they loose a bit of patience as I seem to say a lot I will have to see how I am cant commit at the moment, but this is how it is some days are good some bad, today bad, and the reason being, I wound myself up all night as storms were forecast and Im scared stiff of thunder and lightening when im on my own at night, I get this from my mother who used to hide in a cupboard its silly but as it happened there was only rain, but Im continually checking the weather as I know storms are due later this week again, Ive also started and this may sound even sillier but I keep thinking something is stuck in my throat or windpipe, I had some cashew nuts a few weeks ago and one didn't go down properly and despite drinking lots of water and eating bread (supposed to help I could feel it there for ages it scared me) now Im extra careful eating and still think on times something it stuck, is this an anxiety symptom I really think Im going mad on times :( x

honeybun

« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2014, 07:54:32 PM »

The lump in your throat is a classic anxiety symptom. I still have it off and on but just ignore it now as I know it will go.

I hope this makes you feel a bit better because you are not going mad, or if you are the rest of us are too  ::)

Honeyb
x

karenja

« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2014, 08:20:22 PM »

thanks honeyb that's good to know that im not alone in this, im having a camomile and honey tea now recommended by somebody in work to help me relax, tastes awful!! x

nelliedee

« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2014, 06:40:02 AM »

Just wanted to say a big well done on taking that walk. You need to do it again and each time it will get a little easier. By walking you will burn up some of your adrenaline and it will ease your symptoms. When I was at my worst I literally dragged myself, crying, through my front door as I was convinced the exercise was going to kill me. I was so consumed with myself. It was the absolute best thing I ever done to help the anxiety xx

CLKD

« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2014, 12:04:55 PM »

When we eat something 'hard' which leaves the throat feeling as if something is stuck, it is often like a 'bruise' ……. the tender throat lining remains tender. 

I currently have background anxiety ……….. >sigh<

babyjane

« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2014, 04:45:01 PM »

This thread is so reassuring and helpful, thank you to the original poster and everyone who has commented. I can't tell you how much better it has made me feel about myself  :)

karenja

« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2014, 08:08:32 PM »

Hi Babyjane,

I agree I cant say enough how glad I am that I found this site and can lots of questions and get answers from others going through exactly the same, it does make you feel better x

karenja

« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2014, 06:11:40 AM »

Hi, bad couple of anxiety days, every ache in my leg or pain in my chest I think something bad is happening and still got tight chest feeling, also last few days waking up in the night with full bladder, then the next morning having to go back and fore the loo and even though I haven't drunk much still going a lot, so got to take urine sample in today as Ive suffered from urine infections in the past, when I had scan for this previously it was found out incidentally that I have sizeable fibroids, and I know hrt can increase the size of these so wondering if they  are affecting this don't know or maybe just stress though I have never heard this as being a stress symptom.  As ive been referred for councelling due to my anxiety I did ask the gp how long yesterday and apparently there is a three month waiting list so wont be seeing anybody anytime soon, oh well must push myself to get ready for work, hopefully things will get better as the day goes no, moan over for now :) x

CLKD

« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »

When I have a panic attack I wee every 10 mins………….. for hour after hour after …… are you able to ring the psychology dept to see if they offer cancellation appointments

karenja

« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2014, 03:18:22 PM »

Hi CLKD

it was a urine infection on antibiotics now, had an awful few days anxiety wise, I know its silly but Im really scared of thunderstorms it comes from my mother who was also very scared, it was horrible here Wednesday night and I was sat on my stairs (don't ask why there) having an awful panic attack it took me ages to calm down I thought I would actually have a heart attack! I was so scared, eventually calmed myself down but Thursday in work it was still with me and I had to ask if I could go and sit in a room for a bit to try breathing, my chest was so tight, yesterday and this morning still uptight, so between the antibiotics making me drowsy and wanting to get away from the anxiety Ive slept half the day today, how are you doing x

karenja

« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2014, 03:23:23 PM »

I may see if there is anybody I can chase regarding councelling as three months does seem a long time makes you realise how many people are going through it for different reasons x :'(

CLKD

« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2014, 07:57:36 PM »

The Government of the day are telling us that Mental Health services will improve and the longest wait for counselling will be 12 weeks - don't hold your breath  >:(

I had to wait 18 months before I was considered for counselling …….. the Dept rang to see whether I still needed an appt…………….

Is there a MIND group close  by?

karenja

« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2014, 09:15:20 PM »

Not sure I will check x

Taz2

« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2014, 10:37:57 AM »

While you're waiting for your counselling maybe you could do a few self-help techniques to make you feel a bit better. There is really good information on this site http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/anxiety.asp  You can print it off as a booklet if you want which makes it easier to dip in and out of but it is well worth reading all the way through. You might find symptoms in there that you can identify with and just knowing that it is down to anxiety would ease your worrying maybe.

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11