Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: itchy skin  (Read 4940 times)

lorrapaw

itchy skin
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:49:52 AM »

I have been getting itchy skin for a few years now. Its not really itchy on the outside it just feels irritated beneath the skin like an itch underneath and it drives me mad. Iv was put on antihistimines which help to a degree. I use aminogenesis cocoon body lotion which costs me a fortune, but i cant find anything else that isnt thick or greasy that works. Is this a sign of menopause my doc says it is. Ive been going the menopause for about 10 years now.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: itchy skin
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:03:11 PM »

Yep.  I think mine was a drop in oestrogen.  The innsteps of both feet itch when I get into the bath.  No problem in the day but as soon as my socks are off and feet hit the water  ::) and I wake in the night with 1 heel scratching the other instep.

Across my back.  Above and around my 'bra line.  As you say, below the skin somehow  :-\

holidaylover

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 01:33:43 PM »

Wriggling with the itch as I type this!.  Mine's starts with a ****ly hot crawling sensation, mainly legs and hips, then sort of turns into an itch (alsolutely everywhere).  Usually gets worse as the day goes on, and feels a bit like my bloods too hot, if that makes sense.  I've even sat staring at my skin expecting to see 'things' crawling on it!  Now that I'm thinking about it I'm itching all over!!! :-\ Periods started today so probably connected to falling something or other and yes, it's very bothersome.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »

It's a weird sensation certainly.  Have you kept a diary because when I don't itch I forget about it  ::)

lorrapaw

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 01:46:52 PM »

Mine is worse after shower.

jess

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 05:03:29 PM »

I had it, scratched my forearms raw! It feels like something crawling under the skin that you just cant reach....mine stopped of its own accord after about 2 or 3 months.....

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 06:49:08 PM »

These symptoms can be typical of someone taking heroin ……… other drugs can give similar
sensations  :-\.

HORMONES  >:(

Anna

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 07:05:01 PM »

I have this too.  It's driving me mad!! It can happen anywhere even the inside of my nose  >:(.  I've had dry skin/eczema all my life so steriod cream has thinned my skin compounding the problem.  I read that nettle tea might offer some relief so it's become my favourite drink at the moment and also Salcura Dermacare spray is cooling.  I'm trying that to avoid using more steriod cream on the dry patches.  E45 itch relief cream has worked at times but to be honest I've not found anything that works consistently. 
Any advice would be so welcome.

Anna x

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 08:02:43 PM »

I get these itches too, one time it's a toe, next time it's across my back, next time it's elsewhere. Drives me insane. Nearly always when I'm trying to go to sleep. Sods blooming law. I end up trying to cool the area down, doesn't always work. Got several itches going on as I type this eyebrow, hand, knee arghhhhhh which to scratch first?   I bought cooling gel from body shop which sometimes helps as does aloe vera. Magicool or Boots equivalent is handy to have too.

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 09:43:57 PM »

Oh yes.