Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: What to do now???  (Read 1694 times)

Gerij

What to do now???
« on: September 13, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »

I began suffering with anxiety and hot flushes in August 2013 at the age of 52 yrs. I had one period that year after suffering with heavy periods.  I had a scan and was told my lining was 9mm so I needed further investigations.  yesterday I attended the hospital for an appointment with the gynaecologist. I had another scan and then he decided to use the microscope and take samples from my womb (it was so Painful) , he said it looked healthy and my lining was 4mm. 

Does this explain why I don't get a withdrawal bleed after stopping my progesterone, why my panic and mood swings have never completely gone.  I have a fibroid and he said the oestrogen could make it grow.  I am thinking do I need to stop HRT will I feel worse better or the same.  I don't know what to do next!!  any thoughts would be good.

babyjane

Re: What to do now???
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 08:23:39 PM »

Hi Gerij, just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I can't comment on your post as it is not something I have experienced but there are a lot of lovely ladies here and you will soon get reassurance and advice from some of them who can help. Meanwhile hope you enjoy being here. It's a great group  :)

Linsey44

Re: What to do now???
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 09:45:54 PM »

Hi gerij

Welcome to MM, sorry you are not feeling great hopefully your health issues will be resolved.

I dont know anything about fibroids but have had my share of gynae nightmares.  What i found helpful was to look at hysterectomy association forum, they have a section called gynae conditions and a topic heading for fibroids that has loads of thread relating to it.  Maybe you will get some answers there.

However you may not have to stop hrt, i had condition adenomyosis and like endometriosis oestrogen can make it grow but my consultant told me i had to take progesterone to counteract it.

Keep,posting here, other ladies will prob be better equipped to help you than i am.

Linsey