Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is my anxiety hormonal  (Read 5793 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is my anxiety hormonal
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »

:thankyou:   I think an appt with the Neurologist is the way to go and ask for a report to be sent to the Meno Clinic so that your health team are on the same page ........

thorntrees

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 04:41:26 PM »

I agree with Bramble, don't dismiss ADs, if you can't have HRT, they can help with anxiety and reduce hot flushes and night sweats for some. If nothing else they give you a breathing space when you feel a bit calmer  to see your way forward. Hope you feel better soon.

Thorntrees

collette

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 05:31:18 PM »

Hi everyone

thanks for all the support, felt so bad this morning after my panic attack and I couldn't stop crying :(
made an appointment to see my GP who prescribed me sertraline, then had my followup appointment with the neurologist today who asked me to have an MRI scan  ( Im claustrophobic) might have to try and manage this. He thinks my symptoms are atypical migraine but wants to be sure. luckily he said he doesn't mind me going back on my HRT but can't do that until my GP has sight of his letter sometimes it all seems too much. Not looking forward to tonight.
Can really identify with sparkle I had a bad experience a few years ago which has now restricted my driving to a small radius around my home town. I'm not too bad travelling if I'm with my husband but the anxiety is still a pain, shame we can't all practise the journeys together maybe we could cure ourselves  :). Some people don't realise how tiring the constant fight with anxiety is so I sympathise with everyone going through this.
Pages: 1 [2]