Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Patch not sticking  (Read 4097 times)

Haveyoufedthecat

Patch not sticking
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:25:26 PM »

Dear ladies.  Quick bit of advice pls before I get the Sellotape out!!! On my last evorel 50 patch before I start the conti bit on Monday... Problem is. Changed patch yesterday and the sticky is going off.  I don't think i will be able to keep this one on till Monday.  Would two evorel 25mcg patches equal one 50 mcg patch.  This is only to tide me till Monday morning.  Sorry to be a nuisance. Best wishes to all x

honeybun

Re: Patch not sticking
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:32:30 PM »

Yes it would be fine but I don't understand why it's not sticking. Evorel sticks like the proverbial to a blanket. We have had more discussion on how to get the sticky bit off.

Are you using body lotions or any moisturizing product. I take mine off, shower, and then get dry. Leave it for ten mins and then stick a new one on.

Honeyb
x

Haveyoufedthecat

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:45:51 PM »

Dear Honeybun.  You are talking to the lady who on trying to give up smoking with patches ended up virtually mummifying her arm with blue catering plasters in order to keep the nicotine patch on!!!  I've just stuck two 25s on. Thanks ever so much for your help.  ;D

SueRoe

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 07:49:12 PM »

I'd change the patch before you shower, use body lotion or anything else - while you're warm after getting out of bed - then it should stick to you like a very sticky thing and the glue and attendant fluff will be with you for all eternity.

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 07:59:21 PM »

When showering don't use creamy moisturising type shower or hair products.
They leave a coating on the skin which doesn't aid patches sticking.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 08:33:29 PM »

It must be something you are putting on your skin because they are so sticky.

What are you using in the shower and when and where do you stick the patch ?

Honeyb
x

Haveyoufedthecat

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 08:37:07 PM »

Awww thank you all for replying.  I've got rather strange skin.   Never use moisturisers on legs at all but have always had background issues with allergies etc including eczema.  The rather strange thing is that no problems on left thigh. Only on right.   It's just me probably. Not the patches.

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 08:43:37 PM »

I stick mine just above my hip. I use a body brush in the shower which helps with my very dry skin.
Hope you get it to stick.

Honeyb
x

Haveyoufedthecat

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 10:29:32 AM »

I'm going to have to stick another two 25s on.  The two I stuck on last night are already peeling grrrrr!  I can only think it's the shower gel leaving a coating. 

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 10:34:31 AM »

How soon after the shower did you apply the patch and how long are you holding it in place for? I used to put mine at the top of the buttock - on the thigh they always unpeeled over night.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 10:35:01 AM »

It does sound like the shower gel - Shampoo and conditioner can do the same thing

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 10:39:48 AM »

Some tips here although they do sound a bit fiddly and take a bit of time http://surmeno.blogspot.co.uk/2006/04/troubleshooting-patches-adhesion.html

Taz x