Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: strange feeling!  (Read 3444 times)

robotwars

strange feeling!
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:33:31 PM »

Hi! I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? I came home from work today and was feeling pretty good for a change, so decided I would walk my dogs over the fields, we were only out for about 45 minutes, coming back its slightly up hill, while walking back I come over really hot, slightly light headed,i felt awful, heart was racing! i slowly walked back and now i feel shattered, the backs of my legs feel awful, they are aching like crazy, this was two and a half hours ago, i have been sitting down ever since i came back and still don't feel right! Has anyone else experienced this..... very strange.... before i went out i was feeling really good for a change! Beginning to think I'm just falling apart! LOL

rosebud57

Re: strange feeling!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:50:10 PM »

Sounds like 'crushing fatique'.  I used to get this with my period for the last two years before my periods stopped, and occasionally at other times as well.  Been OK post meno. Not a lot you can do, just give in to it until it passes.

rosebud57

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 07:01:21 PM »

PS. Can come on very fast. Was in the British museum with my husband once and it hit me like a wave.  Had a job not to keel over. Went to the loo and just leaned against the wall unit I pulled myself together (a little).  Husband got used to my crush days which would last 24-48 hours.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 07:06:05 PM »

Had you had enough to eat and drink over the course of the day.

May be a long walk after a day at work was just too much for you.

Honeyb
x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 07:50:06 PM »

Are you hungry robotwars - could it be sudden decrease in blood sugar  brought on by the exercise - although that shouldn't affect your legs though? I sometimes quickly get low blood sugar (hot, clammy, sweaty, shakes, light-headed) if I haven't eaten enough and then take extra exercise at certain times of day especially - by this I mean I go from just hungry to those symptoms in a matter of minutes and have to eat something quickly! I recover within 15 mins of eating though.

Hurdity x

robotwars

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 08:38:35 PM »

I had a sandwich and a banana at lunch time(12), then about 2.30 i had a cup of tea and a bakewell tart, then walked at 4.30pm so i shouldn't have been that hungry.... very strange! I still feel awful and i have been sitting all evening..........

rosebud57

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 08:46:09 PM »

'Crushing fatigue' is caused by sudden drop in hormone levels.  Well known peri symptom.

jgr

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 09:17:33 PM »

I also get this and i am post meno on hrt. I call them my little blips  ;) Not very nice and pretty scary.