Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tips for keeping down a job during meno  (Read 8533 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tips for keeping down a job during meno
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »

Do you eat breakfast?

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 09:13:10 PM »

Sorry CLKD, not sure what you mean or who is being asked that question.

Honeyb
x

Linsey44

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 09:42:51 PM »

Warwick, if you feel you need to give up / reduce hours then dont feel guilty for prioritising your needs.

Ive not worked full time in 20yrs and Im 45,my hubby makes a joke of it sometimes but he would hate to see me struggling to cope.  Take your husbands support as a positive thing and stop being hard on yourself. x

Linsey44

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2014, 09:47:20 PM »

Gladys re wine and feeling yuk.

I have noticed wine / alcohol/sugar /caffeine makes my flushes much worse and affects my sleep by making it more disturbed.  Will still keep trying to overcome it!!  Was out for a boozy lunch today then shopping, then ate loads of choc when I got home and feel dreadful now.

gladys

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 08:07:35 AM »

Thank you not sure if it was just me or wine best to stay clear for moment I think not that I drink that much anyway  :)

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 09:14:17 AM »

Honeybun:  Warwick wrote : "(yes I can remember) but around 10:00am I start to feel anxious " ……

Sit down and ask the question of your husband Warwick: 'how do you think we could manage if I did less hours at work?' …….. opens up dialogue about future work for both of you, maybe leads to discussion with a Private Financial Advisor about your monetary future ……. which is what we did once DH had decided he was fed up with working ………

That way you are reading off the same page and you can let some of that guilt go.  Of course you will miss work, interaction, being part of a Team but if that is now causing you stress ……... ;)

gladys

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 10:48:14 AM »

Ok its no use I have gone a month feeling ok then I started next pack of pills and feel bad on top of that I have a cold I can't get rid of I know it has been said to wait 3months but don't think I can going to see doctor tomorrow I am on elleste duet 1mg

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »

Maybe it's the cold making you feel bad gladys? It's important to give it the full three months if you can. Most of the side effects will disappear by then. It can upset your body even more changing from one to the other. In what way are you feeling bad?

Taz x

gladys

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 11:00:18 AM »

Dizzy panicking feeling sick

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2014, 11:51:07 AM »

Did you feel like this before starting on HRT or are they new symptoms?

Taz x

gladys

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 12:05:22 PM »

Before hrt. And now but U right I should wait

warwick01

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 12:21:32 PM »

Thank you all for the advice about giving up work.

It's taken me years of struggling with various things in my life i.e my X being the wrong person. I have the best husband in the world and a dream job of only 6 months......... but I new when I accepted the job I was struggling to cope with meno symptoms. My hubby was so proud of me getting the job, and in a way doesn't understand I want to leave.

I make every excuse about work load, the people, the travel, everything but the truth.........which is how bad I feel all day. My confidence is in my boots, I am so fatigued and suffer panic attacks, so have now submitted my resignation.

I know it's right for me but I feel I have let everyone down who shared my excitement 7 months ago when I was offered the job........

With regards alcohol I drink about 2 glasses of wine or 2 small beers every evening, any more than that and I feel bad.

PS when on eleste duet had lots of dizziness. The gel is much better.

W

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »

You haven't let anybody down warwick - it can be seen that we fail if we don't try. You have given it a go and it isn't for you. You need to be yourself especially in front of your husband - he'll love you all the more for being brave enough to admit that you need to give up the job.

As for alcohol consumption. Safe limits for women are fourteen units a week. A small glass of 13% wine (175ml) is the equivalent to two units of alcohol. I found this calculator good when I was trying to work out whether my two glasses of wine a night was too much https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/understand-your-drinking/unit-calculator

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »

This is about YOU though doesn't feel like it right now.  Would anyone around you suggest you have 'let them down'?  Of course you are disappointed especially if you like the job, but your health must come first.  As for your husband, it was nice that he was proud at the time but you need to have 'that talk' and find ways around coping with your current health needs.  This isn't called 'the change' for nowt!

:hug:
Pages: 1 [2]