Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bloating  (Read 3656 times)

Annie26

Bloating
« on: August 04, 2014, 09:01:22 AM »

I did not realise that I would become 50 and fat. I have coped well with heavy periods and the medication I have been given for them-which the heaviness is becoming much less as I go through this menopause journey. The bloating is horrible it started a couple of months ago and seems to be getting worse-my period is due on the 18th of this month. I am trying to avoid foods which make me bloat. I have  decided that I will have to lose this excess stone in weight which has crept on as I am nearly at the stage where I need the next size in clothes. I have not put much weight on in the upper part of my body though.
Any tips and advice I would be very grateful for. I am drinking more water to.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bloating
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »

How much are you drinking each day as excess liquid can cause bloating.  In my mid-40s I could wear a skirt in the morning but by mid-afternoon would have to undo the waist band  :-\ - awkward when at work.  I was eventually diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, as my system had almost stopped functioning.

Does the bloating stop once you bleed?

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »

Is your stomach flatish in the morning, but the bloating increases as the day progresses? If so, it is probably a digestive issue like IBS. If it is constant, you need to consult a doctor ASAP. Even so it is a good idea to consult a doctor if digestive issues are new.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »

Bloating can be a sign of ovarian cancer so is always worth while getting checked out. 

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 04:25:58 PM »

Your GP is on the ball!  Such a relief!  My copy of Ovacom magazine arrived this morning …….. (which is how I landed on this site  ::) )