Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Feel like a fraud!  (Read 17868 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feel like a fraud!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 05:39:42 PM »

1 to begin changing the nappy and 3 to turn up in a Panda saying he's wanted on Duty?  ;)

DH has bought panties for b/d and C.mas for me for eversomany years  :-* - it did take a few years to encourage proper panties and not those that only stayed on for a short while  ;)

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 05:53:31 PM »

Thanks ladies! I think my sense or humour is definitely reinstated!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 05:55:28 PM »

Hopefully by the morning you will feel more like 'yourself'  ;)

Feet up?

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 06:22:35 PM »

Hopefully, back to normal. Voluntary work in the morning and singing lesson in the afternoon. Early night tonight as I didn't sleep well last night.

rosebud57

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »

It could have been gall stones on the move.  Did they do a scan??

Ju Ju

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »

No, BP, temp., ECG and chest X-ray, plus my medical history and close family history, which showed I am at low risk for heart problems. As the doctor said, it was not prudent to do any more tests as the pain may not re-occur. I was told not to hesitate to go back if the pain re-occurs. If it was gall stones, then we wii have to wait and see. I'm not going to worry about something that may not happen again. The whole episode feels rather surreal now as if it happened to someone else.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 06:45:56 PM »

I remember feeling like that after my appendix was removed: was it really me in that bed ………

It's a long while since I did any singing  :-\

mazzy

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 07:26:21 PM »

Glad that you are ok Ju Ju.  Don't feel a fraud, its better to be reassured that everything is ok.
Have a few days rest.  :foryou:

Ju Ju

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 07:31:01 PM »

Maybe it's the minds way of protecting you from trauma. My stay in hospital at the beginning of the year is a blur. Or like childbirth. If I had remembered everything about my daughters birth, I doubt my son would have been conceived!

Thanks Mazzy. I haven't been out and about today. I'm hoping the neighbours didn't notice the ambulance. I don't want to have to explain. Fortunately, our drive is very private.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 09:07:47 PM »

If anyone asks, tell them you had a funny turn and that the Paramedics were really prompt and reassuring.

Joyce

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 09:23:20 PM »

My hubby was in police too Ju Ju. Though have to say when I've been really ill, he's been brilliant.  He gets annoyed when I won't go to doctors. Thinks there's something seriously wrong with me when there's not. And I wonder why he won't go to GP.  ;)

cheekygal

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 11:19:32 PM »

Maybe this is a possibility......

Costochondritis is a painful condition of the chest wall. It is caused by inflammation in the joints between the cartilages that join the ribs to the breastbone (sternum). Although painful, it is not a serious condition. Usually it has no obvious cause and settles over time. Painkillers and anti-inflammatory medication can be used for relief of symptoms.

A friend of mine had 2 episodes where she thought she was having a heart attack, after several tests, this is what she was diagnosed with.

Hope you're feeling better  :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 07:46:05 AM »

No trouble sending my hubbie to the doctors, but beware if your appointment is behind his. Hopefully they touch on why he's there, then get talking about mutual interests!

He's brilliant with me, very patient. We travelled round the world for 6 months, camping a lot of the time. He was so very supportive as the time was punctuated with my health issues. Mind you, I had to look after him too. He fell off the air mattress the first night of camping and hurt his back, so I had to do everything for quite a while! Still wondering how you can fall off an air mattress, but there you go!

Cheekygal, I'll make a note of that condition, just in case. Hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does, I hope I won't be so scared. At least, I know my heart is in good shape!

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 12:23:27 PM »

There is a muscular condition that affects young men from age 18-ish to mid-30s.  Like a heart attack.

Ju Ju

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 12:25:54 PM »

That rules me out then!  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6