Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Calcification?  (Read 6649 times)

Nata

Re: Calcification?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 12:54:12 AM »

Hi Tabbycat :) :)
It went pretty well. The radiologist spoke with me about 10 min after the X-rays. She said it was nothing to worry about, just the group of micro-cysts which is not unusual. I am sure you will get good news as well. Let me know, please

Tabbycat

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 04:15:02 PM »

That's great news, Nata - bet you're relieved!

I won't get my results for a while as I'm off on holiday tomorrow. I'm not going to think about it though.

Tabbycat

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 01:08:21 PM »

:o

Got back from holiday yesterday and today I got a letter from my GP asking me to make an appointment. Now I'm getting a bit scared.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 02:45:43 PM »

Why?  Were you told that your GP would see you after investigations? 

How was your holiday?

Tabbycat

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 02:50:21 PM »

Wasn't told anything at my last GP appointment - apart from not to worry and that the second x-ray was just a precaution. I was going to phone them today to find out the results but then I got the letter. This is just fuel for my anxiety!

Holiday was lovely, thanks - apart from starting a heavy bleed the night before going away.  :cuss:

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 03:36:34 PM »

Perhaps they tried to phone but as you were away  :-\   â€¦â€¦â€¦. hence the letter?

Did the bleed stop?

Tabbycat

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 06:05:09 PM »

Possibly. I called to make an appointment and said I was worried so she said the doctor would phone me later. But later the practice phoned and said the doctor had  been called out on two emergencies and they didn't know when she would be back so my call is now going to be Monday.

Annoyingly, the bleed lasted for five days of my seven-day holiday. >:(

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 06:57:18 PM »

Very annoying!  At least you will be able to speak with someone sooner rather than later  ;)

Nata

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 02:32:40 AM »

Hi Tabbycat :)
I live in U.S. And the usual rule is that if there is something serious they make a call otherwise they send a mail...
It is unfortunate that you have to go through the entire weekend worrying, but try to keep yourself busy for these two days and not to think about it

Tabbycat

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 09:40:55 AM »

Thanks Nata.

Someone did call me on my mobile when I was on holiday but I didn't answer it in time and they didn't leave a message.

I'm SO sick of worrying about stuff...

Tabbycat

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 11:17:01 AM »

Doctor phoned (two hours later than I was told it would be!) and said I was fine, and that the only thing the x-ray showed was some "air damage" where some of the sacs which fill with air are "over inflated". I'm not sure I totally understand it, but she said it could be a precursor to emphysema (sp?).

She said this was early smoking damage and not dangerous in itself but obviously an ideal time to quit smoking!

I've pretty much given up anyway. Since I've been coughing, my throat and chest have been sore so I haven't wanted to smoke. I had quite a few on holiday (for me, "quite a few" is five or six a day) but I always do when I'm away. Since I've been back, I've not wanted one.

GP is going to give me a prescription for some anti-reflux medication, since this seems to be the next thing to try to get rid of the cough.
Pages: 1 [2]