Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT - morning v evening  (Read 16066 times)

Chrislm

HRT - morning v evening
« on: July 22, 2014, 07:22:01 AM »

Hi Everyone

I haven't posted for ages because I've been feeling so well and totally back to normal. Estrogel and a low dose of utrogestan is suiting me perfectly and I am delighted.

But I have noticed that if I take it in the morning, rather than the evening, I sleep for at least 8 hours, usually more. If I take it at night I sleep for about 7 hours and can't stay asleep any longer. It was the same with tablets which I took in the morning.

Has anyone else noticed this?

And does it matter when it is used? I think I read somewhere that using estrogen in the morning mirrors your natural hormone patterns better, but that you should take the progesterone at the same time, and this should be used at night. I'm not sure how to square this.

Grateful for any thoughts.

And I hope other ladies are finding HRT to be the "quality of life" saver that I am!

flower

Re: HRT - morning v evening
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:45:24 PM »

Hi there,
I was fine on fem seven conti till it stopped working. I'm now trying a estrogen gel and a micro nor tablet and trying to work out if they will help me sleep if taken at a particular time but I do suffer insomnia. So 7 hours sleep is good. (Im lucky if i get 4) I will keep an eye open for your replies as its a good question  :) x

Dana

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:43:58 AM »

I read somewhere (can't remember where, and I don't know how accurate the information was) that estradiol tablets are most effective in the first 12 hours of being taken. After that their effect can lessen. According to the site the effect of equine estrogen lasted longer.

I'm now on estradiol tablets (after switching from patches), and my main issue has always been insomnia, so I've been taking them at dinner time, but it is interesting that you have found that the gel may work better if taken in the morning. I may try my tablets in the mornign too and see what happens.

Chrislm

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 08:16:59 AM »

Thank you for your posts Flower and Dana. (I've just woken up from another 9 hours of deep sleep! I probably sounds good if you are having problems with insomnia but it is quite hard to fit into a busy working life at times)!

I wonder if the gel is also most effective for the first 12 hours too?

The only time I have had anything like insomnia was when I was using Elleste Duet and I swapped from 1mg to 2mg. I could only sleep for about 4 hours and felt quite wired. I presume you have both considered the dose you are taking?

I have also noticed that the Utrogestan can interfere with my sleep to some extent. I sleep more lightly after taking it for a few days. I swapped from the 200 to the 100 after a couple of months and I am hardly affected now.

Well I have just tried separating my doses - I took the utrogestan last night (first one of the cycle) and the estrogel this morning. I will see how this goes!