Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 4 weeks dairy free  (Read 11915 times)

babypink2807

Re: 4 weeks dairy free
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 08:10:08 PM »

How does a stool sample give such intense advice?  Fascinating!  Let us know how you get on.  I 'went off' Actimel drinks but probably need to start again as my bowel is slow = pressure on the bladder  :-\

I was advised about Actimel and the very thing needed to help the gut is minimal due to the processes it goes through.  I was recommended Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, EPO Evening Primrose Oil, more protein in my diet, no dairy, 9. phytoestrogenic food in my diet help to reduce menopausal symptoms ie linseed (flaxseed), sesame seeds, oats, fenugreek, fennel, anise, beans, brown rice, liquorice root, mint.

For low stomach acid, which means food is not digested efficiently having a tablespoonful of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice in water before each meal may help.

Eating anti-inflammatory foods e.g. ginger, turmeric, green tea, pineapple, propolis, olive oil, avocado, seeds, oily fish.  Vegetables and salads are also high in antioxidants, which help to reduce inflammation but you can only each so much salad, gets a bit much at times

Supplements recommended after my stool test are

Ecogest digestive enzymes.  Bromlain, Papain and Gamma oryzanal extract.  Bio care Mineral Extract, Taracyn Liver and Gall Bladder nutrients, and finally it was Saccharomyces Boulardii which is the one that may affect my Warfarin

The areas tested were Escherichia coli, Proteus Spec, Citrospecter spec, Klebsiella spec, Enterococcus spec, Pseudomonas spec, Bacterpids, Bifidobacterium, lactobacillus, Clostridium, Stool Ph, Candida, Pathogen Secretary aspartie protese, yeast, Geotrichum, Moulds and that's about it lol

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 08:19:22 PM »

Did you have to pay for the tests BP and did the people who did the tests sell you the supplements ?.

Curious about this after having stomach problems for many many years.

Honeyb
x

babypink2807

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 08:58:53 PM »

I paid for the tests yes.  The supplements were recommended by the private nutritionist i am seeing they are optional.  The Lab is in Germany. First 6 weeks was the new diet plan, the supplements were based on what the stool samples would return

I could have said no and taken supplements that may not have made any difference as we would not know what was actually in my gut.  Also there is a very high reading of yeast in my mouth.  Which does not surprise me as in hospital i had the worst bought of thrush ever, it was gross and i still get ulcers when i never used to

babypink2807

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 09:02:13 PM »

Laboratory Dr Hauss, unfortunately it's all in German!

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 09:49:00 PM »

I am a bit of an old cynic I'm afraid.

Very wary of tests that have to be paid for. There is a member of my extended family that offers tests when you send various things to her. I know her background and it ain't what her website says. That just reinforces my cynicism about what you actually get.
I think that some....Not all of course....prey on people's vulnerabilities. We usually only go down this route when others have let us down. Some take advantage of this.

As long as it works for you, but unless I can see the scientific facts then I would be very wary about parting with any money.

Honeyb
x

babypink2807

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 08:12:22 PM »

If I went private I would have to pay

End of the day it's helping me, and a little savvy to people who would take advantage.  One thing I am not is vulnerable

The lady came recommended, works out of a reputable long established practice

Hey HO, next stop my clairvoyant  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 08:31:42 PM »

Anti-oxidants - Jury is out right now  ::)

Certainly many Indian dishes have digestive spices which help, turmeric, ginger, garlic …….. but lay off onions  ;) Fennel, liquorice are well known in some countries in many dishes.  Flaxseed is virtually impossible to eat as it won't break down, even with a hammer  ;D ……… and the oil is yuk.  I have eaten bread with ???  seed, I think, but it doesn't keep well.  Will have to check what exactly but it was quite tasty  ;)

Pineapple must never be eaten on an empty gut!  As much as I want to, salad bores me ……….. except those that cause wind, i.e. radishes  ;D  ………. lettuce is too much effort for 2 little taste.

Brown rice is OK.  So is LIVE yoghurt (Greek).  let us know how U get on!

babypink2807

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 08:37:03 PM »

CLKD I'm actually doing very well, got over the difficult bit.  I agree salads can be damn well boring

I just had pancakes tonight with buckwheat flour, free range eggs, almond milk and free from gravy and it was scrummy

I've stopped the bananas due to the high sugar content.  Sticking to kiwi, blueberries, apples and clementines. I've found dairy free chocolate, and quite liking the small biscuits in the free from range.  Lots of fresh meat from the butchers, with veggies.

I've just been sent my smoothie recipes so a bit apprehensive with these as I think the veggie ones maybe foul lol

Linsey44

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 09:41:51 PM »

Hi babypink

You might be surprised at how you enjoy the veggie drinks.

I was trying jucing recipes at the weekend and one of them was bright green as it had pineapple, apple, lemon, broccoli and spinach.

Joyce

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »

Have you found Booja Booja BP? Great dairy free chocolates & the ice cream is to die for, that's once you've got over the shock of the price.  ::)  Ever so good as a treat though.

Salads help DDs partner's stomach after his big op.

babypink2807

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 05:28:59 AM »

Yes the pricing is phenominal but will definitely take a look

My nutritionist sent the recipies through for the veggie juicing, and also some curry recipies dairy free hurrah!  Miss my curries.  I have found the whole experience very interesting, and opened my eyes to what I can eat and eat well.  Certainly a struggle to start but now enjoying it, although at times it can be bland.  I have had the odd treat which is allowable but when I do say treat only twice in 2 months so not bad

It's my birthday next week, and before all this started I bought a huge jar from Costco of Pear Drops, it's still sat there full which I can't believe.  So that is going to work for the staff as opposed to cakes.  Also a big box of Maown chews  :'(.  I do miss my sweeties

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 11:06:47 AM »

Which curries have dairy in  :-\ ......... we (DH) use coconut milk which I love  ;D

Forgot to add: apple/cider vinegars can be beneficial.  They are recommeded for humans as well as chcickens though mine wont touch it.  Mum drinks cider vinegar to aid degistion! 

Joyce

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 11:46:57 AM »

Many curries have dairy in CLKD, especially if they use ghee. I use coconut milk instead of cream. Kormas have cream, tikka massala has cream to name but two.  I use curry pastes added to coconut milk.

Took me a while to adjust to dairy free, but now find it relatively easy. Meals out are more of a challenge, but usually manage. Many restaurants are more geared up for gluten free options.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 03:25:46 PM »

We have never used ghee.  My Indian friends do of course.  Chicken Tikka Masala is a European dish  ;) ……

DH made a chicken curry last night, hot with rice - 2-night it's going to be eaten cold with bread rolls.  He has a drawer full of spices which we buy from an Indian stall …….. basmati rice. 

I think if people eat healthy they don't need as much and meals are more sustaining!  However, I can do without lettuce !

babypink2807

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 07:15:52 PM »

CLKD I agree about eating healthy and not eating as much. To begin with I was starving so hungry all the time. On this diet I don't feel I need to eat or snack. Very rarely now.  I feel fuller longer and don't get the hunger pangs or shakes

I'm sleeping fantastically and sustain energy longer too. Whereas before if was crash and burn

Many curries also gave yoghurt in them which us a no for me as us cream

A breakfast I am looking forward to and trying this weekend is stewed apples, with cinnamon and free from digestives as a sprinkle
Pages: 1 [2] 3