Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Colpermin or Colofac  (Read 15809 times)

moonbeam121167

Re: Colpermin or Colofac
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 06:29:29 PM »

Honeybun

thats what worries me  with them, the side effects, I dont have any with Domperidone, afraid now , do I try one, I have to change from Imiprimine back to Amitriptyline and that can cause me to feel funny for a few weeks  without the metoclopramide as well or shall I wait and get over that change first, I still have Domeridone if I feel sick, I dont see the GP for another month x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 06:35:41 PM »

GOOGLE metoclopamide search: "Liquid, Tablet, Dissolving Tablet

"Take your medicine as directed. Your dose may need to be changed several times to find what works best for you.

"Take this medicine on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before each meal and at bedtime, unless your doctor tells you differently.

"Make sure your hands are dry before you handle the disintegrating tablet. Peel back the foil from the blister pack, then remove the tablet. Do not push the tablet through the foil. Place the tablet in your mouth. After it has melted, swallow or take a drink of water  ..."

I would give your surgery a ring tomorrow or speak with a Pharmacist for advice.  There is a note on the above to say that some people have motion problems initially.  How much Domperidone do you take?  I found Kwells as good for short term use though they did make me sleep  ::)

let us know how you get on!

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 06:40:10 PM »

Oh heck, don't ever let them melt in your mouth. They taste worse than anything you could possibly imagine. The taste never goes away.

You will probably be fine. I have problems tolerating most meds but these are fine. They make my son a bit light headed but that's it. They will help your stomach without a doubt and then you will generally feel better.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 06:41:01 PM »

Honeybun this could be a different packaging system than you had  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 07:05:35 PM »

If it's a little white pill then swallow it quickly otherwise you will have a taste that no words can describe.

Honeyb
x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 07:15:22 PM »

I did google Metoclopamide and the side effects and reviews was quiet scarey, I know we are all different but it does scare me, if it wasnt for the fact I have to change the Imiprimane to amitriptyline , I think it wouldnt be so bad but that can have some side effects in its self, so if I do them all together I wouldn't know what causing the side effects, so maybe I will do the IM to AM change first once thats done I will give the metoclopamide a go, what do you think  8)

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 08:18:21 PM »

I guess it's a case of treating the worse thing first. Your headaches could be making you feel sick as bad headaches often do.

Perhaps if you get them under control then you wouldn't need anything else at all.

I do agree that you really won't know what's happening if you take everything at once.

Honeyb
x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 08:26:27 PM »

Yes the headaches are my first to sort out as they are or can be very painful, and as the GP said Amitriptyline can help IBS so it may also help that to, I will have to increased the dose after 2 weeks to 20mg and hopefully this time round it will help, along with the physio and if after I have sorted that out and still have the nausea then I can try the metoclopamide, sounds like a plan, thanks Honeybun and CLKD for listening  :) :)

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 08:46:56 PM »

You are welcome!  A spoonful of honey can soothe an upset tim too ……….. it's the only foodstuff that can't go 'off'  ;) and is used for many medical reasons.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »

O yuck I hate honey, the only thing I can tolerate it in is lockets for a sore throat, but if someone said take it and you will feel better I would thanks xx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 08:50:30 PM »

Lots of people find honey too sweet.  But it is useful!

oldsheep

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 08:34:41 AM »

Bit drastic but I had a colonoscopy which diagnosed IBS (I had/have the constipation kind) and then a complete diet change. I'm sure the 'total clear out' helped too.  No wheat, pulses, cabbagey veg, lentils etc. Also no fruits high in fructose. For some luckless souls (not me, thank goodness) no dairy.
touch wood I've had no pain and bloating issues since, but the diet is annoyingly restrictive. Called low FODmap (aussie medical researchers).
I also take 2 tblspoons of ground linseed every morning.

The diet excludes honey completely. The fructose can aggravate the bowel. Syrup is allowed. I mix it in with oatmeal porridge and it's delicious. I couldn't eat it on its own with (gluten free) bread though.
As for domperidone, I have some although don't need to take it nearly as often as in the past. GP didn't raise any scare issues with it in therapeutic doses (?).

Years ago I spent lots of money on both colpermin and colofac and neither worked for me.
Pages: 1 [2]