Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Harris found guilty  (Read 11832 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Harris found guilty
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »

Where were the parents?  Also, how many girls were thrilled to be in the company of a 'star' or someone 'famous'?  It's sad that in this case the girl couldn't go to her parents ……….. for all my dysfunctional up-bringing, had I gone to either of my parents with such a story all hell would have broken out.  However, they knew exactly where I was, who I was with, how long I would be gone until I left home ………. over-bearing but I could never have found myself in such a situation.

Or maybe she didn't want to go to her parents at that time ………. I am able to separate his wonderful art work from his recently discovered history ……….

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 09:31:15 PM »

Shame, fear of not being believed. It's the same whether the abuser is famous or not. Many people our age & more "put up" with these sorts of things. They may have been told there will repercussions if they told anyone.  So sad that these things happen.

Suzi Q

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 05:23:50 AM »

I was 15 in the late 60s as most know wed get in to Pubs and clubs at that age it was just way it was then
We all knew the girls who HUNG around the DJs who looked 20 at 16 theyd hang around and simper
Theses DJs were in their 20s most of them and MARRIED and were flattered to hell by girls all over them
So hanky panky happened the girls got free drinks free entry for weeks to come to clubs re hanky panky with DJ
MOst of them would have had no idea the girl dressed like Lulu or Sandoe Shaw were only 15 or 16
Theyd come down the clubs and pubs boast theyd had sex with so@so the DJ from here or there clubs
They knew 1000% what they were doing and I still  knew them in my 20s who dined out on remember when!!!!
Now of course some of the same type of girls went after DJS like Tarrant who was found not guilty then cops Said oh Theres another girl come forward its almost a witch hunt in some ways
AND things were diff watch the Proffesionals u die of embarrasment but we thought it was the norm
Its the under 13s that get to me all these sluts who knew what they were doing make the child abuse
Seem some what less well it does in my eyes But maybe thats just me?

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 06:39:40 AM »

Being sentenced this morning.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 01:06:07 PM »

Nearly 6 years  :'( ……….. such a sad ending ………. I wish I knew why  :-\ : someone with such talent, often people live 2/3 lives - I know my parents could be shouting and screaming at each other and 'turn' into nice people if the door bell rang  :'( …….. I was told that 'your parents are teachers, that can't be happening' if ever I mentioned the situation, only our Music teacher realised: he tried to get me to the Royal College "to get you out of the home atmosphere" ……… it's only during the last 5 years that Mother's narcissistic behaviour came to the fore and I began to see the 'truth' of why Dad acted as he did  :-\ and how she didn't allow him to build a fatherly relationship with me  :'(  :'( people get trapped in what becomes 'normal', it doesn't make a 'right' ……..

Limpy

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »

Where were the parents?  Also, how many girls were thrilled to be in the company of a 'star' or someone 'famous'?  It's sad that in this case the girl couldn't go to her parents ……….. for all my dysfunctional up-bringing, had I gone to either of my parents with such a story all hell would have broken out. 

Or maybe she didn't want to go to her parents at that time ………. I am able to separate his wonderful art work from his recently discovered history ……….

Perhaps the girls felt they wouldn't be believed by another grown up if they said anything?

Also, sorry CLKD, I have never rated his art work didn't understand how anybody could.
Perhaps it's just a personal taste thing.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 06:41:11 PM »

Art is personal.  What people will buy I would hang face to the wall  ;).

Joyce

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 06:43:57 PM »

Art tastes are so varied. Just ask my hubby, we have very differing tastes & can't agree on what to buy.

Limpy

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »

Sounds about right.
I used to play french horn, one evening I was playing in a concert.
OH was there, for a while........
He decamped and went to the pictures, his excuse, he liked music, but not that sort.
Can't blame him it was a bit dire  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »

::)

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 05:34:17 PM »

Now a Consultant has been found guilty  - surely he didn't go into Medicine in order to abuse boys?  This shows that everyone should have a chaperone when under-going examination  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 12:13:23 PM »

Sir Edward Heath in the news now  ::) ……….

Dulciana

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 01:03:19 PM »

Oh, for goodness' sake............!

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »

My thoughts exactly ! ………. don't give them air-space until there's a Case Proven!

CLKD

Russell Brand
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2023, 11:40:25 AM »

I'm sick of seeing his face all over the News, don't give these people air space  >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5