Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Harris found guilty  (Read 11829 times)

honeybun

Harris found guilty
« on: June 30, 2014, 09:13:15 PM »

As a reporter said tonight.....

A little bit of innocence and a little bit of childhood taken away

:'(

Honeyb
x

Joyce

Re: Harris found guilty
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »

Wonder how long he'll get.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Russel Brand [ Harris found guilty]
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 02:03:39 PM »

So sad.  It was the 'culture' of the day though ……..  :-X
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 10:05:23 AM by CLKD »

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 03:05:18 PM »

To perhaps take advantage of fame but not to abuse a seven year old.

That's not the culture of the day.....that's sick.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 03:15:14 PM »

Now saying his case connected with JS. How many more?

Annika

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 11:40:47 PM »

Just started reading about all this stuff coming out..sorry a bit out of the loop living in the States now but remember Rolf Harris and JS growing up they were everywhere.  As the news comes out it just seems to get worse and worse...hard to get your head around it really

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 05:27:35 AM »

Im sorry dont shout but theres grooming and grooming this girl he ended up having an affir with untill she was 20
Come on if anyone had come in to my or ur room at 15 and we were sleeping next to his daughter wed scream
Wed certainly not carry on gong on holidays etc with them for 5 years or more and end up having a full on affair
This is the person that makes me sick she would have 100% KNOWN what he and she were doing was wrong
So sorry I have NO SYMPATHY for girls like her or girls who hung around JS to see stars they put up with fumbles to get what they wanted to be on TV meet stars who they hope theyd cop off with as they said then
Im sure JS was an evil swine and as is Rolf Harris but some of the older girls deserve nothing
They could have told their parents or kept away NONE lived with his daughter and wife did they?
We have one here in Ozz she was touched in her boob in UK by Harris and then his hand down her tights and knickers in a changing room she was 20 0dd why didnt she scream shout push him away no she said nothing
Now shes been paid to tell her story and that was it the stuff I wrote Yesterday a older gent came on radio He wouldnt give his name but he was a Compere in the 70s/80s when Harris would go back to Ozz he said he used to warn the women there to keep away from him if they didnt want to get groped IF IT was well known then?
IM sorry it cheapens the children who are REALLY SEXUALLY ABUSED as some of Harris and JS victims were

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »

It shows how far we have come that people are now able to make a complaint about sexual abuse and sexual harrissment whether recently or historically, and be heard and believed. In the 70s and 80s, it tended to be pushed under the carpet. While doing a stint as a special constable, I witnessed wpcs being sexually harrissed in the police station. They shrugged it off as par for the course if they wanted to continue in the job. I thought it disgusting and an indication of attitudes towards women. Needless to say, I chose a different career. What worries me is that some women will and do jump on the band wagon and accuse innocent men, or claim to be victims of well known cases. It is so difficult to prove. In the case of Harris, I don't feel in the position to judge as I haven't heard the evidence by this girl, but I have wondered. But it is a reflection of attitudes in the past that it was known in some quarters, that Harris and JS were that way inclined.

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 12:41:41 PM »

Women can sexually harrass men too. Hubby was witness to that when he worked in the police. One female officer in particular would harass many of her male colleagues. Some were flattered, but most disgusted. She caused the break up of one marriage, with her shannigans.  Hubby was repulsed by her. But nowt was ever done about it.

Once had a guy at work who thought he could try his luck. Soon put him right. He came away with very suggestive comments & then asked if I was married. When I told him I was married to a policeman, he soon disappeared into his office. Hubby was ready to "deal" with him. Needless to say I told all the girls at work. Some thought it was flattering. Eh, no! So there in lies the rub.  Fortunately he left to progress his career elsewhere.

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 02:59:37 PM »

Most men these days would run a mile before they made a fun or slightly risque comment to a woman. They would not touch a woman either and I don't mean pinch her bum but just a touch on the hand.
Many years ago I worked in commercial catering. We fed 1000 men everyday and I had to go out with a huge trolley and clear the tables. Some of the suggestions that I had made were outrageous but meant in fun and taken that way.
I worked on building sites selling houses and was the only woman on site....again you had to have a sense of humour and n
be able to banter back.

That has been mostly lost as there have been too many men in trouble for next to nothing.

It's a real shame because it was the banter and fun that made going to work enjoyable and not once did I feel under threat or at risk or picked on, not even surrounded by 1000 men.

It's PC gone nuts.

Honeyb
x

Ju Ju

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 05:01:22 PM »

Well sexual banter is alive and well in this household! That is because it is said with no questionable intent, with kindness and respect. The same comments could be said in a different context, with different intent and lack of respect. Then it becomes offensive. Some people do not understand the boundaries or simply have no respect and want to undermine.

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 06:20:43 PM »

And a lot of women just don't know how to deal with banter. It's very sad that workplace banter has become a no go zone as it can be taken out of context.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »

It's difficult.

Many (many) moons ago I was a graduate trainee in a computer systems department.
There was a manager there, not my manager, but senior to me. We had exchanged banter quite happily for some time.

Then, one day in the lunch queue (in front of other people) he grabbed me from behind put his arms around me and lifted me up in the air and wouldn't let go. I laughed a bit, then said stop it, I couldn't get away. He didn't stop, then I asked nicely, that he put me down. He didn't, this happened twice. After the second time I drove my elbows into his chest and kicked him in the shins with my heels.

He gave up then saying "that hurts"

Banter is good physical woman handling isn't

Ju Ju

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 07:26:11 PM »

It's knowing where to draw the line. That's means listening and observation. And just plain respect. No doubt you found it difficult and uncomfortable to be around him again, Limpy. I would find that scenario offensive in any situation. How did other people react?

Limpy

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »

Strange mix, some scuttled off, others said he had it coming. The canteen ladies were supportive though. He avoided me after that. I left the company about 18 months later, nothing to to with that event but to progress in what passed for my career.  ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5