Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone else have these side effects from Everel Conti ?  (Read 9863 times)

warwick01

Re: Anyone else have these side effects from Everel Conti ?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 01:00:26 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

I have gone back to using the gel with separate 7 day northisterone (that's all I can manage) the problem I have is that when just using the gel I feel tense and uptight, I think I need the progesterone to balance my hormones as I guess my progesterone level must be low at 55.

I haven't tried Utrogestron as I don't think my GP will give it to me if it's not licenced in this country.

Thanks to you sohot for your comments too

W

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »

Hi warwick01

The progestogen you are taking is solely to prevent endometrial build up due to the oestrogen and as such the balance needs to be right, otherwise there is a danger of bleeding or cancer long term.

In other respects synthetic progestogens such as norethisterone cannot be compared to natural progesterone like utrogestan as it has different effects elsewhere in the body and I have read, may well inhibit some the effects of the progesterone you are still producing albeit at a much reduced level.

What country are you in?

Hurdity x

warwick01

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 07:07:03 AM »

Hi Hurdity

I live n the North West of England.

I remember having a conversation with my GP who was reluctant to give me a separate HRT however, I finally got what I requested. Although she only suggested Northisterone or Provera, both not good for me.

With Northisterone I do have a good bleed each month, so I guess it must be working ok. I only have 12 months left at work therefore I need to cope best I can.

I find the added stress of work makes me feel worse. When I finish work I will try to reduce my HRT. I will be 56 then

Take care

W

Pages: 1 [2]