Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 8309 times)

Mrs January

Re: Citalopram
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 07:19:41 AM »

hey Honeybun

I totally agree. I am a strong woman, three kids, etc etc.

Sadly this peri menopause floored me last year, ruddy hormones. I get stronger now I am about to be divorced and love my new life...phew thank goodness, I will however stay on the AD's after all they are part of who I am now and I am better for taking them.....

Mrs J xxx

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 12:32:54 PM »

Oh I could have taken on the world when I was younger, just did what needed to be done. Problem is I'm not that young thing any more. Guess it's our body's way of saying we ain't as young as we once were. 

However, I'm feeling much more settled today. Think daughter's stress was affecting me more than I expected. We have very similar temperaments. Hopefully I won't be needed again in the coming weeks as her partner is determined to get back to work soon. Things should be calmer next time I see them.

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »

Hi Cubagirl - I was on citalopran for many years but found recently they had stopped working for me.  I'm on Prozac now - don't want to be on it but havebeen having very low moods of late so didn't have much choice.  I didn't have any side effects with citalopran and they did help for a while.  I think talking does help put things into prospective and credibly makes me feel better about things.  It's not easy though is it - anxiety can be crippling especially if your mind keeps churning and churning over the same ground.
Hope you feel better soon xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »

Often the brain becomes used to the boost it gets from one AD so requires something else.  It's an organ often forgotten!

This time of Life is called 'the change' for a reason  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 02:43:51 PM »

Well saw counsellor today. She was really lovely. Let me talk about all my angst. She says no wonder I got in such a state. Came down to earth with a bang, after all that had happened. Says if I feel anxiety creeping up on me to make appointment to see her again. So, I'm going to be kind to myself, rationalise stuff before letting it get on top of me again. Don't want drugs, but will have Kalms or Rescue Remedy available if I need it. Most of all learn to take a deep breath. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 04:45:38 PM »

"It's good to talk"  ;) (B.T.)

We rush along on adrenaline then that awful crash is so physical ...... which then gets the brain going  >:(

I had relaxation therapy tapes - it was remembering to practice that was my problem ........... I find talking to myself gets it out .......
Pages: 1 [2]