Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Really worried about new symptoms  (Read 9718 times)

butterfly

Re: Really worried about new symptoms
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 02:09:11 PM »

Hi im new to the site , ive just started the menopause my anxiety levels r sky high I keep getting a discomfort under my left ribcage I have acid reflux does anyone else get this symptom its scaring me

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 05:45:41 PM »

Hi Butterfly - welcome to the forum - you will find lots of support on here.

Is the acid reflux and pain a new thing? I would be inclined to get it checked out with the doc just to put your mind at rest. It's easy to blame everything on menopause and it's a shame to suffer if you can have something to make it better.

Taz x

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 06:15:55 PM »

Hi butterfly I am new too. I am further along the meno path now but 4 years ago when I was starting to get flushes I also suffered badly with acid reflux. My mum died of stomach cancer and this is how hers started so you can imagine my worry. I went to the doctor got Omeprazole and after a few months it started to get better which was good as I didn't want a camera down my throat. I still avoid foods that are acid and occasionally still get it but it is better than it was. I think the anxiety it causes makes it worse. I hope you can get some reassurance and some treatment for it.
Pages: 1 [2]