Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: not coping  (Read 2572 times)

donnacrichton

not coping
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »

A long story short I've been on 2 hrt but 5 different doses since early summer. Was put on femseven and worked great until after 2 weeks took a reaction to it and no longer allowed to use it. Been put back on estradot 100 system is a mess. Been through this so many times. Struggling to hold the tears in at work and cant wait to finish. How can one patch work great then other one in a mess? I know it will take time to settle and taking evening primrose oil is there anything else I can take to help hormones settle x

Dancinggirl

Re: not coping
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 02:48:05 PM »

Hi donnarichten
Not sure why you were put on Femseven - you've got a Mirena fitted haven't you?
Femseven has progesterone in it so you would have been getting too much progesterone - no wonder it gave you a reaction!!!
I still think you need Oestrogel as I think you having absorption problems. I'm really surprised they haven't offered this to you.  You'd be able to use one squirt morning and evening and get a steady dose. Your anxiety is at such a high level that perhaps some ADs would give some relief in the short term.
If you can get a hold on the anxiety and give the hormones time to settle things would be better.  DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:48:10 PM »

Hi it was eastrogen only femseven I was told. I have just got an appointment through for 3rd September think gel is only thing I've not tried and will ask that day. Think I try to cope and hide it at work then finish and tears start. Was reading another post that a low vitamin B12 can cause tingling sensation today it has also felt like cold chills. I really feel that this site has helped me so much and relieved some of the anxiety but cant wait to be human again. Full week on femseven no symptoms. The only other time that has happened was when I was first put o. Estradot then came back. Every time a dose or change in hrt causes havoc for a few weeks. On the bright side that is me at least 3 1/2 years in. Already on amitryptyline for antidepressant and don't ever want to try another. It was stopping seroxat that I started to get symptom's didn't know it controlled meno symptoms. I don't understand I have gone from 4 mg to estradot 100 I have git really sore boobs like mastitis and really strong sexual urges !

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 06:37:42 PM »

Do check the packet of the Femseven - if it has got progesterone it would explain the sore boobs.  I'm still concerned you are doing so many changes and possibly having too much oestrogen - it's very difficult to get settled with all this change.  Good luck  Dg x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »

I've checked out Femseven and they do manufacture a patch which contains only oestrogen. http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/womens-health/medicines/femseven.html   I never knew that!

Taz x

donnacrichton

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 08:11:53 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Everything fits for high eastrogen appart from still getting flushes??