Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: has anyone had any good results with starflower oil  (Read 77349 times)

Melbury

Re: has anyone had any good results with starflower oil
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »

Just to say, many people (including myself) would recommend that you buy the Floresse Starflower oil capsules - they are a bit more expensive, but supposedly the best you can buy.

I haven't tried any others though, just thought I would go straight for the most recommended ones ;)

Lucky Stone

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 06:30:58 PM »

Yep, seen them in Boots and will do if I do, if you take my meaning? Thanks!

Bette

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »

A lot of ladies on here are on HRT and use SO to help with sore boobs, Lucky Stone.  :boobs:
Bette x

carmel

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »

I posted on another post that I have taken starflower oil for about 3 months now.  It really helps.  The hot flushes and night sweats have all but disappeared.  I had really heavy sore breasts during the whole month of August but a period arrived on the last day.  Not heavy just normal.  Coming every 6 months now.

Christine662

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 09:08:54 AM »

Hi

I started taking Evening Primrose with Starflower capsules a week ago & lo & behold I have now started a period yesterday (first since June), do they affect hormones in that way?

No flushes for few days now (fingers crossed)

I take at teatime ish in the evenings, is that best time?, i dont like anythign to affect my sleep anymore than it is already.

Thanks

Stumpy xx

Teresa Lindsay

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 06:02:46 PM »

hi new to the site been takeing starflower oil the last 4 days just wondered if im wasteing my time and money been haveing hot flushes for about 4 months really getting me down really itchy skin weight gain not feeling on top of the world been reading up on menopause they say exercise is good for you but how can i exercise when i dont feel good most days sex is out the window just not interested  poor hubby  feeling really fed up with myself   at the moment but glad i found this site nice to know im not alone
Started taking starflower oil & primrose oil 2 weeks ago no results yet struggling really bad with hot flushes & sleeping at night is a nightmare but will continue to take hope it will start helping in couple of weeks. Was taking dong quai from H&B within 2 weeks 99% of hot flushes was cured it was an AMAZING cure continued for 2 mths then company took them off the market, so I tried other brand but did not work, original brand company said that they sometimes take certain products off to review them but it can take about 18 months to get them back on shelf, grr I am so cranky today with the flushes.

Teresa Lindsay

hi new to the site been takeing starflower oil the last 4 days just wondered if im wasteing my time and money been haveing hot flushes for about 4 months really getting me down really itchy skin weight gain not feeling on top of the world been reading up on menopause they say exercise is good for you but how can i exercise when i dont feel good most days sex is out the window just not interested  poor hubby  feeling really fed up with myself   at the moment but glad i found this site nice to know im not alone

PaulineW

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 07:51:12 PM »

Hi Teresa my husband used to buy feverfew tablets from h&b for migraine relief that stopped selling them but he managed to find out that h&b sourced them from a company called puritan's pride . They turned out to be the same dose and substantially cheaper . Just looked at their site and they sell dong quai tablets 530mg - 100 capsules for £7.76 plus postage 😊 hope this has helped .   www.puritanspride.co.uk. Xx

cheekygal

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 03:16:15 PM »

I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil, sainsburys own brand for a year on and off and yes they do help especially with flushes.  I take 1000mg daily.  Starflower is much the same but stronger so you wouldn't need as much.  Hope it helps you  :)

Dawn62

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 11:35:22 AM »

Do/can you take primrose oil AND starflower at the same time?

I'm suffering at the moment with what I call 'hotties' I'm not sweating too much but I'm not a sweaty sort of person if you know what I mean, but these 'hotties' wake me up several times a night, happen throughout the day and with this heat we are having at the moment are pretty horrid.

My periods were pretty messed up last year and so far I've had nothing since the first week in January.

caz24

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »

Hi

I am new to this site having been told about it by my GP. My periods are all over the place and feeling very low, tired and incredibly moody and agitated, luckily no hot flushes as yet. Just don't feel like 'me'. I'm a bit confused about evening primrose oil and starflower oil, should I take both or just one of them and as I don't have the hot flushes and sleep well does anyone know if either or both would help with the bad moods?

Mini2005

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 03:58:54 PM »

I have been taking 1000mg Starflower Oil for over a year now and I swear by it.  It contains more GLA than Evening Primrose Oil and that is the active ingredient.  Definitely give it a go.  I have tried Floresse and Boots own make and no difference.

I also take 1000mg Omega 3 Fish Oil since January this year which has helped with the anxiety I was having sometimes.  Combination of these 2 supplements with Evorel Sequi patches and I feel pretty damn good at the moment.  Hope it works for you.

Dawn62

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 07:06:33 PM »

Thank you mini2005i will be dashing into boots or h&b on Saturday lol

caz24

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2014, 05:53:38 PM »

Thanks mini2005. I take omega 3 fish oils as they're supposed to be good for your skin so I'll start taking the starflower oil too and see how I go. Hope I get to feeling pretty damn good soon lol.

Evenstar

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2014, 07:35:48 PM »

I've been taking Starflower and Evening Primrose oil every day for a couple of years now. I'm not sure about flushes and sweats but have certainly not had any other symptoms to speak of.
Pages: 1 [2]