Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Things just getting worse  (Read 16388 times)

katem

Re: Things just getting worse
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 07:46:03 PM »

hello Tigony and all my other fellow sufferers. You are so right, the Prozac does seem to have kicked in my case and I have felt tons better for the last two weeks. I have not had to even contemplate taking the diazepam but I know its there should I descend into the darkness again, which is a great comfort. I am now waiting to see what happens when I reach the time I would normally have had my period, I am hoping that the Prozac has got it under control but we shall see. However, I am very pleasantly surprised by the outcome so far and its good to be able to report something positive for a change and therefore hopefully help someone else on the forum as I have been helped already.  :)

Suzyq

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »

Hi katem

That's great news! Hope you continue to feel good and get on with living your life!

katem

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2014, 06:15:12 PM »

Hi Suzyq, you were so right earlier. My progression has been just as you said it would be and I am so glad I listened and persevered as you hoped I would. Thank you so much and thanks to everyone else for their kind thoughts and suggestions. I have started to broach the subject of menopause experiences with colleagues and friends and it is amazing how the floodgates open. Why do we all think we are the only ones going thru these horrible times? That is why this forum is so important, experience and wisdom are wonderful things and I for one am truly appreciative. Thanks again

katem

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2014, 06:44:02 AM »

Back in the middle of what would have been my period and once again it has been nightmarish!!!!!! Maybe not quite as bad as last time but I don,t know if I am just trying to convince myself of something that isn,t true.
I had four days of power surges but they weren,t too bad but then on tuesday went into meltdown. Couldn,t get out of bed, didn't want to eat, felt utterly wretched. I decided to take a diasapam tablet. All it seemed to do is knock me out for a few hours and left me with an almighty headache. The following day was equally bad so I took another diasapam and slept for a while. This time no headache but terrible diaorrhea. I will not be taking them again thats for sure because they did nothing for how I felt at all. This morning, I don,t feel quite as bad. I am going to the docs because I am having the 24 hr BP monitor fitted and whilst there I will get another prescription for my Prozac which does seem to help in the times between my bad "periods". Should I up my dose and maybe it will help more at all times? I really can,t stand feeling like this, I really need help but can't seem to get it from my GP surgery, thats why this forum is so important.

katem

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2014, 06:29:15 AM »

Very difficult night with this blood pressure monitor beeping,whirring and inflating every half hour (it was programmed for every two hours during the night  :)) However, I do feel a little better this morning as I come to the end of what would have been my period. I did not have any power surges surges yesterday. It is now 7 months since I had a period. Now have to wait for my blood pressure results and whether or not I need medication for that before I can get HRT. Here's hoping x

Suzyq

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »

Hi yes the bp monitor is a pain - I too didn't get much sleep with mine and it kept doing it every 15 minutes if it didn't get the right reading! Enough to raise your bp if you ask me!!

What's happened since then? Are you on medication?

katem

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »

Hi Suzyq

Saw the doc last friday about my BP results. They were slightly high so she would not agree to HRT but she did prescribe Beta blockers which she said would work on the raised blood pressure and helps with anxiety. So I started them last friday, I take 10mg 3 times a day. I am due to see her again tomorrow to find out whether it has helped with the high blood pressure but theres no way of knowing if it is helping mentally as I am going thru my okay time at the moment. I won't know until approx the beginning of June when I would normally be having my period if it is having a positive effect. Personally, I am dreading it just in case it doesn't work and I have to go thru mental hell again!!!!! I am still taking the prozac and I do have my diazapam if I need to retreat to bed for the week( God forbid, just can't bear it). Anyway, at the moment, things are pretty good so should be glad of that at least. Enough of me moaning on, how are you doing?

Taz2

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »

Hi kate - did your GP give you advice on how to bring your blood pressure down further by exercise and diet? You have it in your power to make big changes. The Blood Pressure Association explain it all quite well. http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Yourlifestyle   It can be tough having to cut things out but it really does work. Even a twenty minute brisk walk each day can help.

Taz x

Suzyq

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2014, 06:26:26 PM »

I'm doing pretty good at the minute! My bp went high due to peri! I exercise every day, eat well etc etc but i just could not control the surges in bp! The good news is that I am on an ace inhibitor and since starting hrt and getting settled on it, I have had to reduce my medication for bp, and may well need to reduce further ... Funny how we all get bp problems in peri and meno isn't it?

I have now settled on estradot 75 with progesterone every day. I just couldn't cope with 12 days of progesterone then feeling crap and my anxiety was coming back on the estrogen only part. It took 5 weeks to settle into the daily progesterone but now I feel pretty level and best of all, calm!!

It's a long road but slowly but surely you will get there! I would still push for hrt if your bp has settled down as you will probably find, like me, that it helps a lot! Ps don't rely on a reading at your gp to determine your bp - if you can, buy a meter - they are cheap - and keep a log of your own readings! This is what I do as gp's never ever take it correctly (2 readings 5 minutes apart after 10 minutes of rest!) and I also have white coat hypertension, so my readings always read higher at the hospital etc. I just take my log in and my machine and they check the accuracy of the machine and work off my readings.

Hope your dodgy week goes well and that you manage to survive it!

warwick01

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2014, 09:39:01 AM »

Hi Katem,

Hope your feeling better soon. I for one know how difficult it is having a GP who doesn't understand how we are feeling. Thank God for this site!

Like Susiq I had really bad vertigo and my life 5 years ago became a nightmare. No one would believe me, including my GP she said it wasn't symptom of Meno. In my heart I new it was.

My advice to you and anyone going through this stageis do your own research and ask these lovely ladies on this site for advice.

Only for this site....... god knows where I would be now ;) Im 55 nor over it yet but do have some good days. Stress is never good for me as I do over react!

Good luck :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]