Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?  (Read 434038 times)

flossie fiddler

Best thing my husband ever did was the day I was screaming at him like a banshee about nothing and the dog was quaking in the corner.

He hugged me and said “don’t take this the wrong way, but I think this is menopausal. Why don’t you go and speak to a doctor and discuss your options, because I’m sure it doesn’t have to be like this”. I burst into tears, then made an appointment.

Bless him. He’s reaping the benefits of HRT as much as I am.

Gigi1968

• First Flush

My husband Michael is very supportive and when I have had a tough time coping, he is always patient and loving which is very helpful and I don’t take it for granted and I feel blessed.

Toomuchstress

I've Been blessed with the best partner EVER ,

He has his faults , we all do
But since all this started he's doing the cooking and cleaning and even the washing ,
When I get panic attacks at 4am etc he will drive me to the hospital car park (knowing it calms me down as I'm convinced I'm going to die) ,

He's been to AnE at the hospital so many times one weekend he was shattered sitting at the side of me (3rd visit) and I had to make him go and sleep in our SUV , he said he didn't want to leave me on my own there

SarahT

Oh toomuchstress.  This made me cry happy tears. Beautiful man.

Mine, even when bewildered at my Jekyll and Hyde alter egos, the tears, the rages, the pain, he simply holds out his arms, wherever and whenever. Calms me immensely.
Yeah. Blessed. X

Merseyette

• First Flush

I'm just super grateful that my husband is so very patient with me!  Like when I can't see the milk in the 'fridge when it's right in front of me, or I don't remember the conversation that we've repeated several times already this week.  Or I want a lie down with a migraine when I should be doing something useful/important at home.
I'd get so annoyed with him if he kept forgetting something I'd asked him to do.  In fact I used to, but now, realising how patient he is with me, I've learnt to be more patient with him too.  We're all only human! 

MrsE!

Not shout back when I roar and weep

Cosmicgirl

• First Flush

He told me to quit my new job that I hated and that we'd manage without my income.  The combination of a job that was very different to the one I'd been 'sold' and some bad peri symptoms (that I hadn't totally realised were happening) left me a complete mess. I'm stubborn by nature but he told me it was ok to quit and my health was more important.

trandall

Re: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?
« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2023, 06:25:18 PM »

I feel lucky as my husband seems to understand and does everything he can to support me, a couple of years back I was really bad with health anxiety and he just always did what I needed him to do and it worked for us. I still get the anxiety just not as much and he always just says we can do what you feel like e.g going for a walk which helps no matter what the time of day 💕 good to talk even when you don’t feel like it

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?
« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2023, 06:51:59 PM »

CosmicGirl - that's lovely.  I was raised to be in work immediately I left College, so when I became ill it was hard to realise that we could, in fact, manage.

....trandall ........ we do what I am able to do, rarely planning too far ahead so that being spontaneous is easier to deal with

N786@123

• First Flush

I feel totally blessed with my husband who constantly communicate with me. When I am down in the dumps he asks what can he get me, what can he do for me to make me feel better. I put on 2 stones since feeling hormonal but I don't feel judged. He always says I'm beautiful and he feels lucky for having me in his life and being married to him. Knowing the love is there it helps me feel secure. Bless to all the supportive partners out there. Look after yourselves gals who are going through these tough times it's a tough journey.  I've been journaling alot the vintage type and feel it helps download my thoughts on paper.  :-*

Wrensong

That's lovely N786@123.  Agree that writing things out can help too.
Wx

Jetdav

• First Flush

Suggested I went on HRT
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]