Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: prolapse  (Read 7062 times)

anderina

prolapse
« on: May 11, 2014, 12:05:49 PM »

Hello ladies
not been posting for a while but still check in regularly
I had hysterectomy 10 weeks ago and still have prolapse- just waiting to see physio
I am feeling quite down about this and i know it isn't life threatening but i was hoping after going through op and recovery time I would be A OK!
Started back at work which involves a lot of standing too

Are any ladies living with prolapse and coping?
Sorry for being a bit of a moan 
Been wanting to post for a while but compared to others this seems a bit trivial
I would be grateful for any help or tips
Thankyou
Anderina xxx

Taz2

Re: prolapse
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 12:43:59 PM »

Hi Aderina. Do you know what else has prolapsed? I am having a hyster for prolapsed uterus but I know that I also have a cystocele (bladder prolapse) which at the moment is being held up by the uterus. Once I have the hyster then I will have to go back for a bladder repair depending on how bad it is.

It doesn't seem trivial at all and it is common for other parts to prolapse once one part has so don't feel that you are odd.

Taz x

Trey

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »

Hi Aderina,

How disappointing to find you are still dealing with prolapse.  I moderate a prolapse forum and it has been my experience that hyster takes care of one prolapse and often exposes another.  The removal of the uterus often leaves one with a now revealed bladder prolapse which may or may not need repair in the future.  Like Taz you may need to go back for a bladder repair depending on how much the prolapsed bladder is a problem.  For some prolapse bladder is workable.  I've had one for 14 years and with a bit of dealing with it I am very ok, not perfect by any means, but ok. 

Wait until you fully heal from hyst and then you can try non surgical means of dealing with prolapse.  It is said that nearly seventy percent of ladies reaching seventy have prolapse and many, many have prolapse following giving birth so it hits a great range of age.

I can give you hints if you'd like to PM me.  But know there is help and just for now heal from the hyster.

anderina

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 04:08:25 PM »

Thank you Ladies for replies
I am trying to concentrate on recovering - which has been fine

My hysterectomy experience has been very good - apart from my expectations about this prolapse!!

If I am being realistic, other than the feeling 'down below' it isn't giving me any probs and I know there are people who have loads more probs than me

I just worry that it is going to get worse and why couldn't they do it all together?

Anderina xx

anderina

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »

Hello Trey
Sent you PM but don't know if it was sent?
Me and technology don't go together x   ;D

Trey

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 04:23:44 PM »

I have answered your pm. :)

Winterose

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 08:38:13 PM »

Anderina

I had prolapse and went in for repair but ended up  with hysterectomy and a chunk of bowel was removed, within 2 months prolapse was there again but not as bad, not sure which bit has prolapsed now, its fine after Ive been to loo, but notice any tiredness or stress its there again, dont have any incontinence or anything and its only a mild protusion, still there thought and you can end up thinking about it constantly. Losing a few pounds helped and making sure I eat plenty of prunes and fibre to keep "regular " helps a lot,  :D

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »

Winterose - do you know what had prolapsed originally?

Taz x

anderina

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 07:44:34 AM »

Winterose

I know what you mean about 'thinking about it constantly'!!

Oh for the days with no worries!

I am slim so can't lose anymore weight but will keep drinking the prune juice and fibre!

Hopefully Physio will help

Thankyou xxxx

Winterose

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 12:19:40 PM »

Taz

Really not sure , it was 9 years ago and i did no research and knew nothing about all these issues , think everything had just dropped, the consultant said before operating that my womb felt high enough but it sometimes dropped during the op in which case they would remove it and ovaries, said no to ovaries which were left.  Suspect as its more pronounced before bowel movements ( sorry if TMI ) and recedes afterwards this must be my bowel protuding, the bowel they removed the surgeon said was all stuck together and she had no idea how Id had no complications in that area, which I hadnt. She was foreign and hard to understand and I only saw her for a few minutes afterwards .

Winterose

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 12:20:56 PM »

Anderina

Would be interested in what your physio advises,

anderina

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 03:19:04 PM »

Don't go until 16 June but will keep you posted xx

LizeeeH

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 01:51:42 PM »

Hello :)

I had hysterectomy back in 97 followed by a rectal prolapse........all these years later and still have it ;) I do get backache but apart from that not much else, just keep eating a healthy diet to keep things moving along :)

Winterose

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 01:06:35 PM »

What are symptoms of rectal prolapse? - thank you

scriv

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 02:28:04 PM »

With mine I had low backache, a protrusion which made it hard to keep myself clean, the feeling of sitting on a pouch!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:57:22 PM by scriv »
Pages: [1] 2