Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bloating  (Read 713 times)

Lalb1

Bloating
« on: July 30, 2021, 07:42:15 PM »

Hi again. So I've been for my 2nd opinion gynaecologist appointment.
Told him all the symptoms I'm having, he at least listened(unlike the last 1). But then he said that he thinks the bloating is due to IBS and not down to the mini pill I'm on. I explained about the ovary aches mid cycle. He said that was probably down to needing more hormones. He is adamant that the cerazette I'm on can't cause bloating, however I've seen no end of posts from people about it causing them bloating. My IBS I've had for years and I know it's not down to that, when I'm not on the mini pill the bloating is nowhere near as bad.
The pill does help with the peri symptoms and the fact I don't have the painful periods is a definite bonus.
Has anyone else experienced bloating while on a progesterone only pill?
I'm being referred to a stomach doc for tests for ibs but I already know I have it. I don't eat certain foods as I know what aggravates it.

The gynae did say he'd talk to my eye doctor about making sure my eye is stable enough after the bleed behind it last year (while on Femoston and cerazette) to have me try HRT again, which he says will be patches.
Any ideas ladies?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 07:45:07 PM by Lalb1 »