Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Feeling cold  (Read 11993 times)

Glass.half.full

Feeling cold
« on: May 04, 2014, 07:15:14 AM »

Morning ladies,  I had one of those adrenaline rush, heart racing at night episodes last night.  The first one in over a year.  Thankfully I wasn't as freaked out and worried by it as I used to be - just logged onto the website whilst it was happening and calmly read some encouraging posts which told me it was normal  :).  Wanted to something though,  does anyone else feel freezing cold before, during and after these episodes and get the shakes?  I understand the shaking part is from the adrenaline but wonder about the feeling cold bit.  Thanks xxx
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:17:52 AM by Glass.half.full »

jo61

Re: Feeling cold
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 07:37:50 AM »

wow, I have had a couple of these episodes over the last couple of nights after not having them for a while, how reassuring to switch my laptop on and read your post.These days I feel cold all the time.

Glass.half.full

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 07:45:22 AM »

Morning jo61.    Hurrah I AM normal!!  Lol

I feel cold a lot too, in fact I am beginning to wonder whether I suffer from reverse hot flashes - is this even possible?  My internal central heating control is a bit wonky!! 

Hope you find your night time episodes are short lived x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 08:04:38 AM »

Flushes & chills, oh I sympathise. When I first joined this site, I suffered terribly with them alternately. If I wasn't stripping off layers, I was piling them back on again. Don't know to this date which is worst.
You are very normal, although it may not feel like it at times.  :)

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 08:13:59 AM »

Hi. Just wanted to say that one type of feeling freezing cold and shaking can also be due to an undiagnosed infection. I had this when I was building up to my kidney infection and first of all did blame it on meno stuff. It's called Rigors and happens when levels of bacteria build up in your system. If it happens again I would get yourself checked out. Do you feel well again now?  The shaking, by the way, is totally uncontrollable and you don't need to have a fever for it to happen.

Taz x  :)

Glass.half.full

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 08:27:18 AM »

Yes I feel absolutely fine this morning thanks.  I had 4 episodes of this last year when I was very stressed.  Just about to move house, not feeling particularly stressed but do wonder whether it might be something to do with it. Who knows?!

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 09:05:02 AM »

That's ok then! It probably is to do with stress. So pleased you feel better today!

Taz x

Glass.half.full

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 09:08:03 AM »

Oh thank you so much for your concern - that's what I love about this site - the women are very supportive of one another. 

Shazzie

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 09:16:52 AM »

Hiya

I too have had this a few times.  Racing pounding heart and feeling shaky and cold.  I do what you did and switch the computer on and read through all the posts on here that say it is normal and deep breath then it settled.

Also, there is some good stuff on google.  I googled menopause and racing heart and it comes up with lots of positive things on there.  Just keep saying to your "this is normal" don;t panic.

xx

Glass.half.full

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 09:23:22 AM »

Hi Shazzi,  thanks for your message.  I will google it - very grateful for your reassurance.   Have a great day x

cutey1

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 09:28:34 AM »

OMG! I have been suffering with this since Friday - totally out of the blue! I have felt so rubbish & sicky since then and still keep going cold!

I have just put a post on the forum!

Do you get a really big adrenaline rush too before?

I think the patch is not doing it for me - I did not have massive hot sweats, just really exhausted every morning and total body ache like I had been hit by a bus!

Hope your feeling better xx

Glass.half.full

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 10:45:32 AM »

Hi Cheeky,  yes!!! I felt like a proper little adrenaline factory lol.  I would describe it as feeling like I'm being chased by a bear ha!!!  I wondered whether the feeling cold bit was related to the hot flushes which some women experience .  It's good to know I'm not on my own with these symptoms.    ;D

Rowan

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 11:20:06 AM »

Its part of a panic cycle, maybe a drop in blood pressure, and an adrenal surge, has happened to me in the past, another symptom that I had was

the bottoms of my feet sweated even though I felt so cold, just like a cats does when they are stressed, all part of the bodies "fight or Flight" mechanism.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 08:03:19 PM »

I have 'cold' feet - but DH tells me they feel normal
I used to have cold feelings across my shoulders - also intense itchiness there after a bath
When I took Tamoxifen I had cold flushes  >:( which stopped when I couldn't tolerate the medication - so it's probably hormonal!

donnarob

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 04:18:39 PM »

Hello,

I have been having a few of these symptoms over the last few days.  Start off feeling okay in the monring but get icy cold and I can predict that in a few hours that I will be having a major power surge.

I also have had cystitis today which coincides with these episodes, oh and back spasms!

Joy!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4