Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Huge difference for me between 100 & 200mg Utrogestan  (Read 2809 times)

Cassie

Huge difference for me between 100 & 200mg Utrogestan
« on: April 21, 2014, 01:11:55 PM »

I ran out of my 100mg Utrogestan tablets,  yesterday and being Easter weekend, could not get a new supply as I had forgotten (meno brain) to get to the pharmacy. I used a 200mg last night that I had found in my bedside cupboard and boy, have I regretted it, I feel so lousy today. Feel as if I have the worst hangover ever, despite having a good nights sleep, I feel groggy and my skin is really sensitive, almost the same feeling as one gets with the Flu. I have also been feeling really wired as if I had too much caffeine, not a pleasant feeling @ all and yet, I get none of these symptoms on the 100mg.. just thought that I would share this and am hoping that things will be better tomorrow as I managed to get the 100mg again today.... can hardly keep my eyes open, roll on bedtime!

Sarah2

Re: Huge difference for me between 100 & 200mg Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 01:45:44 PM »

Hope you feel back to your old self soon.
Funny how we all react so differently. I felt rubbish on 100mgs- really tetchy and migraines coming on as the levels dipped each day.
On 200mgs I don't feel I am taking anything except I sleep better, feel a bit fatter but that disappears quickly. (Still time to change my mind though, as have only had 3 cycles at 200mgs)
Hope you are feeling back to 'normal' soon.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:51:51 PM »

Hi Cassie

Oh dear sorry to hear this - and I can't remember if you take it vaginally or orally?

Using 200 mg vaginally (that is all I have even done with it and only ever at that dose) tends to build up in my system and I do get the hang-over fatigued feeling - but towards the end of the 20 days.

The French patient leaflet does recommend vaginal use for those who suffer from side effects through oral use (if that's how you took it!).

I'm interested that you don't get symptoms on 100 mg though - but that isn't an option for me on a long cycle!

Hurdity x

Meeka

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 07:12:23 PM »

Hope your feeling well again soon Cassie......I'm trying 100mg vaginally this month and after two days I feel fine so far.  In fact I have felt quite energised these last couple of days.  Hope it continues!

ellie66

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 10:37:22 PM »

Interesting I feel fine on the 200 mg of Utrageston. I love it am huge fan of it and Oestrogel  :)

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 02:09:46 PM »

Thanks Ladies, how different we all are. I am back to my old self and feeling as normal as one can feel post meno. I took the 100mg last night again and I did not have that terrible hungover feeling today at all. I guess double the dosage so suddenly was just too much for my little body to take in, bit of a shock to the system! Anyway, all good now.