Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Brain fog, possibly missed 2 days hrt  (Read 16441 times)

Dandelion

Brain fog, possibly missed 2 days hrt
« on: April 12, 2014, 10:56:41 AM »

Hi

I am suffering terrible brain fog and find it hard to keep track of my things etc.

I cannot remember taking yesterdays HRT but the pill has gone from the packet. This means nothing however, as I have found other meds on the floor days later.

I forgot thursdays pill also, and was wondering what would happen if I forgot yesterdays pill.
I have had no more bleeding as per yesterdays post.

Thank you and sorry :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Brain fog, possibly missed 2 days hrt
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »

Make a list of when you need to take your medication and tick if off as you do so.  That's how I dealt with my dog's chemotherapy because I really couldn't remember if I had/not given her the pills.

Carry on with your medication as 'normal' ........

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 12:16:24 PM »

Make a list of when you need to take your medication and tick if off as you do so.  That's how I dealt with my dog's chemotherapy because I really couldn't remember if I had/not given her the pills.

Carry on with your medication as 'normal' ........
Hi CKLD

Sorry to hear your dog was ill.
Thank you for your help though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 12:22:50 PM »

She had lymphoma so was treated with chemotherpy.  The pill that she most spat out was the one I was supposed to handle with gloves as it was potent  ::) ....... but she knew she would get more thinnly sliced ham if I had to keep giving it to her  ;)

Make that list  8)

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »

You can buy pill sorters. Each day is marked as is meal times. Fill it up once a week and then you just have to look at the particular day to see if you have taken your meds.

You can get them for a few pounds from any chemist.

This is what we use for my mother. Fill it once a week and she does not get muddled. Mind you she is nearly 92  ;D

Honeyb
x

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 01:31:39 PM »

She had lymphoma so was treated with chemotherpy.  The pill that she most spat out was the one I was supposed to handle with gloves as it was potent  ::) ....... but she knew she would get more thinnly sliced ham if I had to keep giving it to her  ;)

Make that list  8)
Hi

I will make that list.
Ohh I am really sorry to hear about your poor dog.
Did she get through it, and is she ok now?

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 01:37:11 PM »

You can buy pill sorters. Each day is marked as is meal times. Fill it up once a week and then you just have to look at the particular day to see if you have taken your meds.

You can get them for a few pounds from any chemist.

This is what we use for my mother. Fill it once a week and she does not get muddled. Mind you she is nearly 92  ;D

Honeyb
x
Hi Honeybun

I do use a pill sorter. I have to take one pill four times a day and eat with it. i also have several alarms automatically set on my mobile phone. They go off each time a pill is due. The problem is, that i don't always want to eat every 6 hours so I tend to put off until i am hungry.
I don't have to eat with the femoston though.
I always take it before bed.
Every night I sort out my pills into each compartment, but for some reason, I forget to put some pills in. I even have them all in a box, and each time I put pills in the sorter, i leave the pot/box out of the big box, but even then, I sometimes forget to take the pills out of the big box.
I have real brain fog and rely on lists but I feel I only have limited control of my forgetfulness. Ive been known to set a reminder for appoinntments for instance, and still manage to miss the appointment.

I have always had trouble keeping my attention on anything, I have real trouble focusing on things no matter how hard I try. My attention span is very short. This is not meno related or prescription-drug related, I have had it all of my life and it's been a real handicap.
I remember it getting me into real trouble at school and work, because no one bothered to look into it and just thought I was careless or lazy which i know I am not.

Sarah2

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »

I don't take HRT in pill form, but I thought the days of the week were printed on the packet- like the 'Pill'?

If they are- how can you not see if you taken one?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:44:10 PM by Sarah2 »

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 01:47:59 PM »

I don't take HRT in pill form, but I thought the days of the week were printed on the packet- like the 'Pill'?

If they are- how can you not see if you taken one?
Hi

When I put my pills in my sorter, I sometimes forget to take the hrt one out of the packet, so when I go for the next days one, the previous days one is still there.
Luckily this has only happened a couple of times in the 6mths I have been on hrt.

Sarah2

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »

How can you forget if you are sitting down, moving the pills one at a time from 1 packet to the sorter?

I think you should stop moving them from the packet to the sorter- keep the packet beside your bed and take it before you go to sleep, then you can easily see if you have taken it or not.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:14:36 PM by Sarah2 »

Dandelion

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »

How can you forget if you are sitting down taking the pills one at a time and moving from 1 packet to another?
By forgetting to even take my pill out of the box. :(

Sarah2

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 02:15:07 PM »

It doesn't make sense- if it's there in front of you, then how can you forget? You just have to look at the HRT packet to see if you have taken one out.

I wouldn't bother to do this- keep them in the pack they come in and go by the days of the week. You're making it far more complicated than it needs to be.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:17:19 PM by Sarah2 »

Dandelion

help pls, still bleeding
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 02:21:11 PM »

It doesn't make sense- if it's there in front of you, then how can you forget? You just have to look at the HRT packet to see if you have taken one out.

I wouldn't bother to do this- keep them in the pack they come in and go by the days of the week. You're making it far more complicated than it needs to be.

Help

I am still bleeding, I thought it had stopped.

Shall I just keep taking them as normal?

I dont take the pills out of the packet. I have a big box with all my meds in and sometimes I forget to take the femoston box out of the big box, and yesterdays pill is still there.

When I wrote the above query just now, i thought the bleeding had stopped, but I just went for a wee and its started again, a bit  heavier than yesterday but not heavy heavy.

As  I am bleeding is it still ok to carry on taking my hrt as normal?

Thanks.

Cassie

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »

Yes keep taking it the bleeding should ease off when you get to the progesterone part. But if you are going to continue skipping tablets your hormonal system is going to be awry and you will get blips, so it is most NB to take daily.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:31:49 PM by Cassie »

Sarah2

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 02:32:33 PM »

I dont take the pills out of the packet. I have a big box with all my meds in and sometimes I forget to take the femoston box out of the big box, and yesterdays pill is still there.

Well maybe stop putting the HRT in the big box? Leave it on your bedside table, or beside your toothbrush, so you see it last thing at night,  if that is when you take it.

Pages: [1] 2 3