Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My little cat  (Read 10819 times)

dulciana

Re: My little cat
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »

Thank you all so much for your kind words.  I really do appreciate this, as it was all such a bolt from the blue. 
I think I'm beginning to see a bit of the light of day again, although these past few days have been extremely harrowing.   Our life spans and our pets' life spans are incomparable.  We frequently reach our eighties; cats on average reach their mid/late teens.   Our cat wasn't cheated of any years, whereas that poor wee girl at Liberton High School was.    I'm not trying to avoid grieving (goodness knows, I've done enough crying to fill a bucket!) but I am just starting to get things into perspective.    For 16 and a quarter years, she was fine and happy - we were so lucky to have her.   But life goes on - and meanwhile, our artist daughter is going to do a painting of her, from a gorgeous photo we took a while ago.  That'll be lovely.

ariadne

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 12:17:20 PM »

I made a post here last week when I read about your little cat but I must have done something wrong as it's not here now

I just wanted to say how I felt for you when I read your post. I had to have my own sweet natured 16 year old cat put to sleep in similar circumstances a few years back. Like you, I thought she had a problem with her teeth and so did the vet, so I took her in for a clean up and extraction of one tooth. Then I got a phone call at work to say she was seriously ill and putting her to sleep was the best option. It was such a shock. I made a real fool of myself at work and blubbed for the rest of the day - no-one knew what to say to me.

She was the sweetest little thing, also a rescue cat like yours. She never bit, scratched, made a mess and was always gentle - a real lady  :)

I have another rescue cat now but she's no lady!  ;)

:foryou:

Ariadne xx

dulciana

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 12:56:04 PM »

My goodness, that's a real coincidence, Ariadne.     :hug: retrospectively!

Thanks for posting this.  It's helped me feel a bit better/consoled about it all.

:thankyou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 02:01:48 PM »

We have the privilege of allowing our pets to be free of pain. 

Scampi

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2014, 01:41:21 PM »

I've just caught up with this Dulciana - remember that cats go to Rainbow Bridge too.  Take care of yourself xxx

valiantkate

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »

Couldnt have said it better CLKD.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 06:26:07 PM »

:thankyou:  …….. how ever sad we are at the time …….. we have the right to free our pets from pain

oldsheep

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2014, 10:11:10 AM »

I'm so sorry.

I lost my 2 boys within 3 months of each other in 2009 and not a day goes by that I don't miss them. I haven't been able to get another pet as it still doesn't feel right. We were incredibly close friends, them and I.
The acute pain eases with time and more of the good memories slowly come back I promise. These days I mostly smile when I think about my boys.

dulciana

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 10:46:34 AM »

:thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2014, 12:27:59 PM »

My first 2 ginger kittens, aged 9 months,  died on the road outside my house 9 days apart.  It was 2 years before I could look at the photos.

My other elderlies were pts 9 days apart ………. they were 18 by then
Pages: 1 2 [3]