Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling sorry for myself  (Read 6943 times)

Joyce

Feeling sorry for myself
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:27:12 AM »

I'm exhausted mentally & physically. I've absolutely no right to be feeling sorry for myself, considering how daughter must be feeling. I feel so helpless. Hubby & I are both in our own wee worlds. We've talked ourselves into a sort of  silence. Does that make sense? We're all in limbo at the moment. If I'm having a @#£& day, I dread to think how daughter is.
Sorry for moan.

Galadriel

Re: Feeling sorry for myself
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:43:49 AM »

Considering what's been happening to your nearest and dearest I'm not at all surprised you're feeling as you do. :hug:

There is no 'right' and 'wrong' to your feelings... this is how it is for you just now. I know your daughter is going through a horrible time but so are you, watching her go though it.

Don't be sorry for moaning. This is the best place to get it off your chest.

Take extra loving care of yourself to help recharge your exhausted batteries.

Lotsa love

Galadriel x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 01:02:26 PM »

Hello cubagirl.

I only read your private lives post yesterday so up until now I have not been aware of your difficulties. I just wanted to take this opportunity to send you my best wishes.

I am not surprised that you are exhausted, your family is going through a tough time and that would be draining for anyone. All I can say is that I hope things improve very soon.

Take care.

K.

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »

Cubagirl you have every right in the world to feel sorry for yourself. You must be absolutely shattered both physically and mentally.

You have had your GD staying which whilst it is nice can be draining as well. Then there was the trip to take her home when you did the return trip on the same day, that is enough to make anybody feel k-----red. These taken in conjunction with the sheer concern and panic on your daughters behalf is enough to grind anybody down.

You are not moaning, just telling it like it is. But please look after yourself, otherwise you will get ill as well. Lots of hugs.

:hug:   :hug:    :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 03:32:47 PM »

I know the 'talk each other into silence' feelings. 

Be kind to YOU!  watching others struggling is difficult particularly if miles separate practicalities of helping more often.

Take a deep breath.  Doze when you can.  That way you will be ready for the better days to come  :tulips2:

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19:47 PM »

Chin up, it's really understandable that you feel this way. You feel what your daughter does....She is still your child no matter how old she gets.

Try and rest when you can. It's the wind down from stress that leaves you feeling done.

Try and take care of you and hubby.

Honeyb
x

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 07:53:49 PM »

:bighug:  A virtual hug. Youve been on an emotional roller coaster. If you feel sorry for yourself, then feel sorry for yourself. Feelings have only one ambitition; to be felt. I hope you get some comfort from sharing on the forum. I send you love.

Wombat

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 08:47:54 PM »

Hey Cubagirl, you need to take this time to decompress.   It is SO hard to stay strong and keep everyone else going.

We are here to support each other, so let us support you now...

Take some Cubagirl time.   Give yourself permission to just be

Big hugs and love

Wombat x

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 09:40:47 PM »

Thanks ladies. Bit better tonight. Hubby & I talked, again. Really just going over & over same things. I said I'd fight for everything going if it was him. Daughter is fighting too, but keeps hitting a brick wall.

Tomorrow is another day. Maybe get chance to speak to daughter tomorrow, just don't want to pester her all the time, especially if news is just the same.

We're all angry that this has happened & all feeling equally sorry for ourselves.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 11:18:59 AM »

Of course, when we can see that more could possibly be available!

Take care of you!

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »

Be kind to yourself, you've been through the mill with all this as well.  :hug:

Rowan

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »

I know this may sound corny but it has got me through some times that worried me, especially before an operation.

I keep this as my sort of Mantra

Its from Julian of Norwich

"All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well"

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »

Not at all SL. Whatever it takes to get through the day.

Wombat

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 08:54:04 PM »

Hey. Let's all repeat

ALL SHALL BE WELL

big hug
Wombat x