Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does this get worse?  (Read 7648 times)

Kathleen

Re: Does this get worse?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 06:30:21 PM »

Hello ladies.
I just wanted to offer my sympathy to all the ladies suffering at the moment and especially Alison, mandy and lily who have posted about their difficulties on this thread. Menopause is a rough ride for some of us and we need all the help we can get. Good luck ladies.
Take care and keep posting.

K.

mandy43

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 09:08:07 PM »

Thanks Kathleen, lovely to have the support here, as I really don't know anyone going through this and I'm just constantly seeking reassurance.  My mum is 85, so although she knows she went through an early meno, she doesn't remember specifics and my sister just flew through it no problem.  So, whenever I see similar posts to what I'm going through I feel a bit better xx

Alison3764

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 10:15:25 PM »

Hi Mandy. It's really grim isn't it. I too have convinced myself I am about to die! Must be some sort if cancer or at the very least pregnant I am so bloated! Would be a bloody long gestation if so! I am an elephant!!!
Doctor can't come quick enough for me on Fridsy. I have to stop this bleeding! Literally pouring out if me as I sit in the loo :(
Hope you feel a bit brighter soon x

mandy43

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »

I feel for you Alison, mine has just been trailing off for over a week, but poor you!  I really think Alison if there was more about this, how periods can be extensively prolonged and not the fear of God put into you when you google it and it says anything more that 2 weeks is abnormal and it starts listing all the different cancers it could be, I know I would relax more and not be so hyper about it.  However, I suppose they have to cover themselves, as in some instances it may not be the menopause and therefore, you do need to check it out at the doctor.  I go on Monday.  Hope it goes well tomorrow Alison!!

Alison3764

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM »

Hello. So I saw the doc yday and she has given me progesterone tablets. Taking 3 till the bleeding stops then down to two a day. Already I can see a difference. The flow has been much better since around 2ish this afternoon. With any luck if I can get the bleeding under control I will feel much better. Still feeling anxious and a little giddy but having a better day today.

mandy43

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 06:16:31 PM »

glad your getting sorted Alison!!  I .see the doc tomorrow, so will update

lily

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 07:43:47 PM »

Hello ladies.
I just wanted to offer my sympathy to all the ladies suffering at the moment and especially Alison, mandy and lily who have posted about their difficulties on this thread. Menopause is a rough ride for some of us and we need all the help we can get. Good luck ladies.
Take care and keep posting.

K.

Thanks Kathleen, not been on for a while and feel a bit of a fraud when I do moan as my symptoms are very infrequent.  The problem skin is probably my worst thing atm.  I'm beginning to think I'm going to either have quite a late menopause or it will suddenly just happen.  I had my smear test 2 weeks ago with the nurse and we spoke about symptoms, hrt etc but I'm just going to keep waiting to see what develops. 

Milamam

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 06:45:41 AM »

Hi Allison, Mandy and Lili,
Am just jumping in here to say that  Mandy, I am also 43 and have been on the peri nightmare for the past two three years ( not knowing fully what is happening to me). So you are not alone! My worst symptom was anxiety, fatigue, low blood pressure, occasional palpitations. These then developed into insomnia, excessive night seats, nausea, depression, lack of motivation, energy etc. The symptoms worsened in the past three months. As if I all of a sudden became a totally different person, I thought there was something going on in my brain.
I am on HRT since May 4 th, just finishing my first pack of femoston and happy that in the past month at least I had a few weeks of full energy and happiness/joy. I hope things will be gradually improving!
Please continue to share and know that there are so many people here that feel the same way!

Mad dog!

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 03:49:39 PM »

A big "Hello" to all the lovely open and sharing ladies on this site.....
I have been taking Elleste Duet 1mg for 3 weeks, (along with a new anti depressant...which gave me suicidal thoughts ~ extremely scarey to put it mildly! Changed that 1 now)
I have had many of the same symptoms as I have been reading on these threads - thank you, it does make one feel a lil more 'normal' - whatever that means!!!
I am taking all the encouraging words/advice on board...and trying to adopt a more positive attitude, & be a teensy bit more patient with myself...though it's difficult when the tears just wont stop falling!
I too am having psychological counselling, now increased to weekly. It's great to read that so many of you have improved, & continue for years to post and encourage. What a fantastic website. ;) xx
Pages: 1 [2]