Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Care in old age and how to pay  (Read 11620 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Care in old age and how to pay
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2015, 12:01:18 PM »

I cannot understand why people moan that they have to sell their property etc. to fund their 'care'  >:( ….. "I wanted to give it to my children" - well give it then  :bang: ………

Personal Financial Advisors have access to lots of Products whereas a Bank will push those available.  Once we had obtained advice we were sent a Report confirming the suggestions made.  DH read this through and approved the choices and we went ahead.  We have an Annual Review for which we pay nowt  ;)

This Report was also validated by the Company to which our FA is seconded to, so that if he should make any 'mistakes', it is noted! so he can't be seen to be pushing a  Product for his own interest. After the initial fees, any money he makes is from the Investment Company/ies he chooses to invest our monies with, so he needs the monies to do well!  So far in 5 years we have been on the 'up'  ;)  :-* ……. and our investments have done well so we haven't had to pay out.

DH wants to eventually sell this property to down-size  ;D …….. yeah, sure …… [looks round at all the 'stuff'] …..

I agree with Stellajane - I am already quietly looking at places should Mum require extra care.  Currently at aged 88 she bombs around with Church/Chapel, coffee mornings, coach trips 'out'  ::) - we have to make an appt to visit! but the house and garden are large and she occasionally feels weary with it all.  Any suggestion that she looks though seems to spur her on!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Care in old age and how to pay
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2015, 01:09:58 PM »

Mum and I don't 'get on' ………  :-\ ………… but I hear you  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]