Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Update on evorel sequi  (Read 3441 times)

peri

Update on evorel sequi
« on: March 12, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »

Hi guys, I posted a month ago when I started evorel sequi and said how I felt great, well I've got to the norethisterone bit and had a bit of a blip! I felt really good on the estradiol, then I put first noresthisterone patch on & still felt ok I was really pleased at this cos I've read on here that some ladies struggle & was hoping I'd got away with it. When it came to the second patch I had headache, backache & felt a bit down, then I discovered I was having a period this however only lasted 3 days (I don't know if I didn't put my patch on in time as it was on the 4th day) or a breakthrough bleed of my own hormones but anyway after that initial bad day I felt ok again. Now I have finished the pack & started the second one (so back to estradiol) and woke up today feeling horrendous, backache, leg ache, headache (migraine pending), irritable and feeling low. I haven't had a proper period yet but feel like I am about to have one. Any suggestions anyone, is there anything I can do to minimise this or will I get used it the longer I'm on it? I'm supposed to be adding testosterone in this month but darent at the moment. Please help x

Taz2

Re: Update on evorel sequi
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:13:27 PM »

Hi peri - it can take three months for HRT side effects to settle down. It sounds as if you will be starting your "proper" bleed soon which is to be expected now that you have stopped the progesterone. My first two bleeds were heavy and painful on Evorel but after that they became manageable. I did suffer PMT symptoms from the norethisterone but had always had PMT anyway so it wasn't too bad for me although they worsened after the second year and I changed to Femseven. Hopefully your bleed will start soon and you will begin to feel better.

Taz x  :hug:

Suzyq

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 06:44:41 PM »

I'm not on evorel sequi but have 2 or 3 days feeling dreadful after I finish progesterone part. Hurdity explained to me that it is just the fall in progesterone... I still feel awful, but don't panic about it now I know what it is!!

peri

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 08:51:23 PM »

Hi guys thanks for replys, the drop in hormones explains it it's just such a shock after feeling good all month, but if I know it's not going to last then I can cope with it. Sick of periods wish I could have hysterectomy and have done with it all. + have hit the chocolate tonight though, oh well thank God for chocolate x

flossie fiddler

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »

I've been on Evorel Sequi for 5 days now, and feeling so much better. I will be interested to see if I get similar feelings when I switch to the Conti patch next Saturday. If I do, I won't feel too perturbed.

Thanks for posting your experience xx

peri

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 10:58:45 AM »

Hi Flossie

I was ok after first noresthisterone patch it was only when I switched back to the estradiol I had symptoms.  I think like some of the girls have suggested it was the drop in progesterone which caused the pmt like symptoms.  I've got to say though feeling much better today so all in all in my first month on evorel sequi 25 out of the 28 days have been good in fact better than good so I shall stick with it!  Planning on introducing the testosterone next!  :)

flossie fiddler

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »

Glad it's all positive for you, Peri.

If I can get 25 good days out of 28 I'll be well happy!