Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tramadol  (Read 3353 times)

sue23

Tramadol
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:29:32 PM »

hello I have been given tramadol for back pain 50mg capsules, I would like to hear from anyone who has been on them, I am also on 10mg citalopram which is a antidpressnt many thanks

Wombat

Re: Tramadol
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:12:03 PM »

;D
It is a very effective drug and unlike opiates is not addictive

ellie

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:09:42 PM »

I tried Tramadol for back pain, but found co-codymol worked better for me...

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »

I had for ovarian pain, can't remember strength though. Good stuff, but can make you quite drowsy.

tiger74

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 10:15:50 PM »

I was prescribed Tramadol for pain associated with a frozen shoulder a while ago.  Didn't work for me whereas Zapain did (codeine and paracetamol aka prescription strength co-codamol) which is slightly surprising as Tramadol is considered to be 'stronger'.   Zapain did turn me into something of a zombie after a few weeks though - not drowsy but a bit 'fuzzy'.  Thankfully I didn't have to take them for long as the problem was resolved. 

Hopefully your pain will be addressed and you won't need to take painkillers for long either.  Wishing you all the best. 

Bo Snow

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 10:19:42 PM »

Unfortunately Tramadol and me don't see eye to eye. Had an op on my wrist and was given them by the hospital but ended up dizzy and sick so never took another one. Lots of people seem fine with them tho' and find them a really good painkiller. Think i'm just sensative to them.

Hope they do the job for you hun back pain is awful. I ended up with a mix of paracetamol, codeine, and diazapan when mine went last year. No side affects from that lot apart from being a bit sleepy. x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 03:07:55 PM »

Lots of people find them very effective for pain relief but they can also cause some nasty side effects I'm afraid.  My friend when she tried them felt very very sick and never took another dose and another friend was so dizzy and spaced out she could not move and again never took another dose.

I can take them like smarties and they have no effect whatsoever on me as I am one of 10% of the population who lack an enzyme for metabolising pain relief which is a reall  >:(   I have same trouble with codeine and dihydrocodeine.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones. just bear in mind that they could give you some strong side effects so you don't take them just befor eyou drive or something!

ann123

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 05:23:37 PM »

I was given it for pain in my shoulder after a fall. It didn't agree with me I was very sick and it knocked me out, I could hardly open my eyes to get out of bed to throw up!!!! I had surgery 3 months ago and they put a wrist band on me saying not to give me Tramadol. But everyone is different, might be ok for you!