Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Rash  (Read 4239 times)

walking the dog

Rash
« on: January 20, 2014, 10:41:22 AM »

Hi

i wonder if anyone else has had this and can advise me?
I have recently started to get a rash under both my arms, not in the arm pits but below them, a very sore angry stinging rash, i have to put sudocream on it to calm it down at night but obviously i cant do this in the day time! I have not changed soap powders etc and have used impulse body spray for years.

Has anybody any idea what it is? I don't want to bother my GP about it as im never away with meno problems!!!

thanks

Joyce

Re: Rash
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 10:51:30 AM »

Bra maybe chafing. Sounds very uncomfortable.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »

Stop using all the products in that area.  Sometimes manufacturers alter an ingredient without telling the customer  ::) (used to happen with cat food and ours always knew  >:( ) or it could be that you are more sensitive because of hormone upheaval.

walking the dog

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:07:50 PM »

I did wonder if it was deodorants etc so have not used them since Friday the rash has calmed down but my skin is really dry so I am now applying emulsifying ointment to the area. I do think it's hormonal as my skin and hair is generally dry and it never used to be.

xx

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 03:42:02 PM »

One thing that gave me a rash several years ago: I purchased for myself a new top, but it had really rough finishing in the seams and it was a plastic 'finish' rather than thread. That caused a lot of irritation before I located the reason  ::)

jgr

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 05:40:48 PM »

Hi walking the dog. I get these rashes from time to time usually just in the front of the arm pit. If i use certain deodorants (used them before the meno) it can bring me out in the rash also. Had to go to Dr who gave me a dermatalogical cream to put on when it flairs up. It seems to be only deodorants that cause this and like i say only since the menopause. Everything else perfumes soaps etc are fine. x

mamakaren

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »

I'm wondering if extra sweating from hot flashes might be the cause of rashes during meno? I have had an itchy red rash on the back of my neck under my hair ever since I started having hot flushes!

Karen

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 06:58:10 PM »

Some people are allergic to lanolin

walking the dog

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »

I have invested in an aloe vera roll on natural deodorant, I will keep you up to date on what happens.
I do think the excessive sweating could be a cause as i am constantly hot even on hrt xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 02:05:59 PM »

A light dusting of talc perhaps, Johnson's baby is the best as there are few additives  ;)