Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Films you like to see more than once  (Read 29704 times)

ElaineR

Re: Films you like to see more than once
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »

Yes Cazikins, Bette Davis did usually play a b..... but I also think her films were always worth a good story.  Yes Madison County was the one with Clint Eastwood, though he was looking a little craggy!  It was one of the last scenes that got me, when she sees  him across the street in the rain knowing she wants to go to him but not having the courage!!  God I'm filling up here!  Not sure where you're coming from with the poncho and fat cigar though mmm...... ;D ;D 

Cazikins

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »

Not sure where you're coming from with the poncho and fat cigar though mmm...... ;D ;D 

Coor I love him in cowboy films  :-* :-*. I think for his age he is a very good looking man.
Bette was a brilliant actress that is for sure, but she always seemed to play the nasty woman in them, I'm sure in some she use to be a good person but I can't remember them (meno fog brain).

Hi Mikki, Kevin & Perry I finaly got round to watching last year, it is funny & I just hoot when I see anything with Kathy Burke in.

Linda54

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 09:43:26 PM »

All the Harry Potter films. My daughter, my son's girlfriend and I are all massive fans!! My son has never forgiven my daughter and me for "converting" his g/f!!

And the books too  ;)

Four Weddings and a Funeral
Bridget Jones (both of them) - and anything with Colin Firth in really  :P

Loads of similar ones - I am a real chick-flick fan!

DIPSY

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 04:38:21 PM »

Anyone seen "The Green Mile" with Tom Hanks, my all time fave film and a close second would be "Angela's Ashes " could watch over and over

vianne

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 07:26:51 PM »

I loved the Green Mile too, and the Shawshank Redemption.

My favourite film of all time has to be The Producers, (the original, not the new one) I could watch that over and over. I like other Mel Brooks films too, Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety, etc.

Love the Carry On films, i know they're daft and i could act most of them but they're light hearted and ideal if you fancy giving your brain a rest!   ;D

The Green Man and Green for Danger, the Ealing Comedies and Laughter in Paradise, oh dear, i'm showing my age!   :o

I also love all Johnny Depp films (i've got them all) and Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriegez, Tim Burton.

I've also become addicted to the Saw films as well, although they're hard to stomach once, so i'd probably not watch them over and over!!  :o

I'm not too keen on musicals but i do like Cabaret and Grease.

vianne x

Tricia

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 01:01:56 AM »

I love the Green Mile too and the Shawshank Redemption.

I love musicals although I don't think the rest of the family like them as I tend to sing along to all the songs ;D ;D ;D

I recently saw The Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman and it was so beautiful I could watch that again quite easily, I think I have seen the Green Mile 3/4 times, I like Dirty Dancing/Ghost, just about anything with Clint Eastwood.

Heaps more but brain is not working properly at the moment  ;D

Love,

Tricia :-* :-* :-*

Jax

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 04:45:53 PM »

I enjoy a good spy/thriiler like Mission Impossible or The Bourne Identity.  Definitely watch all the Die Hard over and over again.  :beat:

Any slapstick comedy that makes me laugh until my ribs ache.  ;D

Any Jane Austin period with men in breeches.  :toff:

Any musicals – my favourites are Sound of Music, Grease, Moulin Rouge, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  :banana:

My all time favourites are rom coms with a nice happy slushy ending that makes my heart go pitter patter.   My special favourite is Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore.  :wub:

Luv Jax x  :worm:

Tricia

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 10:44:29 PM »

I love films like Mission Impossible and the Bourne trilogy, I got a bit fed up the Die Hard films towards the end as they were all much and such the same ???

Love,

Tricia :-* :-* :-*

cazz

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 03:34:23 PM »

I love the musicals like My Fair lady and Gigi also the really cheesey Doris Day films. Infact any sloppy feel good movie I love. Cannot cope with scarey films, I had to watch the end of  The Panic Room before I  could watch the rest of the film and as for The Deer Hunter, it took me three atempts and stiil could not watch all of it.
LOVE
Cazz

manypaws

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 03:42:25 PM »

Its a wonderful life
Grease
Dirty Dancing
The Jazz Singer
Whose afraid of Virginia Wolf
Top gun
Officer and a Gentlemen
Pretty woman
The Commitments

Love Manypaws

Jax

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 05:05:13 PM »

I saw Mama Mia at the weekend and I have got to say it has all the elements of being the best film I have ever seen.  It was funny, heartbreaking, emotional, toe tappingly infectious…….basically a roller coaster of a film that I can't wait to see it again. 

The storyline fitted the ABBA songs to perfection, the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful, the supporting cast were tailor made for their roles.  I won't spoil it for those who have yet to see the film but when Meryl Streep sang ‘that' song it sent goose bumps down my spine.

I think the film was made with menopausal women in mind. If you haven't seen it yet then take your tissues as the undertone of the story is based on families, friendships and relationships (the good and the bad)…………but be prepared to walk out at the end of the film feeling so very, very happy and grateful to be alive. :banana: :banana: :banana:

juliamd

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 08:38:22 PM »

I loved it too, yes you do need the tissues :'( :'( :'(
julia

panthers

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 11:27:28 AM »

Wonderful film.

I have seen it twice in a week  :)

Now got the soundtrack from the film.  Such a feel good factor  :)

Worth seeing.

Jax

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 05:32:12 PM »

I'm taking my mum to see The Duchess next weekend.  Has anyone seen it yet and is it any good?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 07:22:11 AM »

"The Duchess" - Keira Knightly? It's had good reviews ....... we haven't been to the cinema for over 25 years, we wait until we can get it on video ..........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12