Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Furious - help me out ladies please  (Read 14998 times)

Milliemoo7

Re: Furious - help me out ladies please
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »

Have you decided what to do about her request for you to have the boys this weekend Groundhog?  You sound as if you need a good long break from her and her family..

groundhog

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 09:57:14 PM »

Yes CLKD I get that all the time too so there is no point telling my mother how I feel,  and I don't want to worry her.  And yes I do have a good husband but I still exist as a person too!!
Milliemoo - I will have them because the need for me to have them is genuine - I have been quite specific as to drop off and pick up times.  I have told her if there are any delays or changes she must phone me or let me know as we have made plans for tomorrow evening.  I  can't be hard because I love her and the children but she must realise I have a life too - I'm not there for her convenience 24/7.
Thanks all xx

Rose

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 06:12:03 AM »

Well, groundhog, that's what you should tell her. You love her and the kids but won't/can't be there 24/7 as you need your time too. My DH left for Spain on Thursday for a work/holiday jaunt for god knows how long. He was obviously feeling guilty about leaving me recovering from major surgery as he started arguements for no reason. I told him that it was HIS decision to go and that he does what he wants. I didn't tell him I won't be there when he gets back as I've made my mind up. It just takes something to make you snap. When you have your hysterectomy you most certainly won't be able to do much for your sis, so maybe it's time she returned the favours.
Oh and I have 3 sons, one spoilt rotten by his grandmother and the other 2 are great cooks/iron own clothes etc as they were brought up by me! Their partners are very grateful!
ps; Trey, maybe I could do a hysterectomy advice section because the medical profession don't tell you much!

lily

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »

:hug: groundhog :hug: rose

Rose

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 12:00:48 AM »

Thank you lily, I am a hormonal mess  :'(
ps; just to prove it ,what's with the xmas theme on the emoticons? They are still on my apps too grrrr
sorry x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2014, 05:32:13 PM »

They will go again once Emma returns  ;) - 12 night isn't until tomorrow anyway.

Taz2

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2014, 06:30:41 PM »

It's still Christmas in my house. I like to keep all the sparklies up for as long as possible.

Taz x  :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

Hurdity

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2014, 06:43:38 PM »

and mine...12th night is tonight, the eve of 5th Jan, night before Epiphany. Today is the 12th day of Christmas (when the drummers came drumming!). Decorations should be taken down theoretically before the end of the 12th night so perhaps get up before dawn to take them down!! (Not!). Some traditions say leave them until Candlemas (2nd Feb) so it doesn't really matter!

Sorry groundhog that's off topic but just sayin'!

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2014, 07:16:07 PM »

Ours are down. Hubbies birthday tomorrow so don't want to be doing it then.

House looks very bare but I soon get used to it.

Honeyb
x

groundhog

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2014, 10:14:14 PM »

No that's fine Hurdity mine are down too.   I always leave something up til 12th night but everything else is away and up the attic.
Rosé - thank you for your words.  I have made to clear that I have limits and will set boundaries.  I wouldn't ordinarily but people keep taking advantage.  I am my own worst enemy too so I need to wise up as well and think about what I offer to do . 
Back to normal tomorrow .  Thank God!!!

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2014, 11:12:11 AM »

Remember to tell 'them' that "I can't make an instant decision as I need to consult the calender  ;) "

groundhog

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2014, 10:10:51 PM »

Yes CLKD I am being less available and not saying yes at the first request.  I think I got so stressed over Xmas everyone was getting me down,  I suppose deep down I miss my job - my previous busy life enabled me to shut out all these family foibles.  I am intense and serious and I do need to lighten up - I accept that but it's not easy at times.  I've got another big problem I need all your help with - medical dilemma - I wil do new post xx

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2014, 11:33:54 AM »

Answered your other thread  ;)

Lightening up takes practice.  Once you begin to say 'no' you will find your brain sheds other peoples' worries etc. so you feel lighter .... honest, it took me years  ::) but now  ;)

dulciana

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »

When men say "no", they're not always meaning "I won't", but often "I can't".   We should do the same, if we're in the same boat.   It's only being honest, after all.
D.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:43:28 AM by dulciana »

Rowan

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »

Letting go helps me, especially when I can't sleep and the thoughts won't stop. Its almost a give up and surrender feeling.

http://tinybuddha.com/blog/40-ways-to-let-go-and-feel-less-pain/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4