Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 743813 times)

Ezzie2020

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2535 on: January 18, 2021, 02:25:46 PM »

Hi, my gp has suggested I try utrogestan /Estrogel  for possible menopausal symptoms.  I can’t take tablets so will be using the Utrogestan  vaginally.  Not massively keen on that idea.   I have severe tinnitus and when I researched Utrogestan it wasn’t listed as a side effect. However on this thread someone said it gave them tinnitus so this has put me off using it.  Is that a common side effect?

sheila99

« Reply #2536 on: January 18, 2021, 05:54:47 PM »

No. Any common side effects have to be listed. Most women are perfectly OK on it, it's most likely you will be too.

Cassie

« Reply #2537 on: January 19, 2021, 05:50:50 AM »

Ezzie the 200mg gave me tinnitus but have been on the 100mg for years with no problems at all.

Ezzie2020

« Reply #2538 on: January 19, 2021, 11:03:22 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  My gp has suggested I start on the 100mg.  I hate taking meds and try and avoid at all costs but really need to give this a try.  Does anyone use vaginal moisturisers?  Are they any good? 

Joaniepat

« Reply #2539 on: January 19, 2021, 11:20:18 AM »

Re vaginal moisturisers, yes, they can be very good. It depends what you use and why. A bit more detail on a separate thread would help us answer this.

JP x

Ezzie2020

« Reply #2540 on: January 19, 2021, 03:06:28 PM »

Ok thanks will do. 

Cassie, can I just ask when you took the 200mg and got the tinnitus did it go away when you stopped taking it?  How soon did it start?  Sorry to ask all these questions it’s just a big worry for me.  Thanks

Cassie

« Reply #2541 on: January 19, 2021, 06:22:41 PM »

Yes it went away when I stopped them, cant remember but was a couple of days into using them, they were just way too heavy for my system and the tinnitus was one of the first things I noticed.

Ooodledoodle

• First Flush
« Reply #2542 on: February 01, 2021, 12:41:35 PM »

I’m new to this forum and very new to HRT and really looking for some help and advice!

I’m 47, and started HRT on 2 January to address peri-menopausal symptoms - including increasing mood swings, feeling unable to cope with anything, mild hot flashes, periods of exhaustion.

Periods have been irregular for the last years or so, with cycles varying between 15 to 50 days. The last cycle was 50 days. Although each period of menstruation would last no more than 5 days with about 2/3 days heavy bleeding.

The docs prescribed me Estradiol 2 pumps daily and Utrogestan 100mg - 2 tablets on days 15 - 26.

My period began (or so I thought) on 2nd January. I then commenced the Estradiol as I assumed this was day 1 of the cycle - however I didn’t begin to bleed properly and had 9 days of spotting, but continued with the Estradiol. My full period then finally started on 11 January and I have been bleeding heavily ever since, for 3 weeks now with no sign of stopping.

I took 11 January as day 1 of this cycle and began the Utrogestan on 24 January, so have a few more days left of taking it.

I’m also booked in for a Mirena coil to be fitted mid February so the Utrogestan tablets are effectively a stop gap until then.

I’ve called the GP who suggested the heavy bleeding is not unusual when starting HRT and  also suggested I could stop both the Estradiol and Utrogestan until the coil fitting to stop the bleeding. But I’m worried this could cause some kind of hormonal crash?! I have felt better in myself since starting but cannot cope with continuous heavy bleeding.

If anyone has any knowledge/experience or advice please let me know. I’m going to try and speak to a GP who has more experience in women’s health matters but trying to speak to the right Doctor with everything going on with this pandemic is proving to be challenging to say the least. Thank you in advance! x

sheila99

« Reply #2543 on: February 01, 2021, 06:38:10 PM »

It's only a couple of weeks til mid Feb so whatever you do won't do you any harm. If it was me I'd stop the utro and continue with oestradiol. You could reduce to one pump if you're worried about it but I don't think it's necessary. Bleeding can be unpredictable when the hrt cycle gets out of step with your own.

Ooodledoodle

• First Flush
« Reply #2544 on: February 02, 2021, 10:17:00 AM »

Thank you! I also managed to speak to a doc who was also quite reassuring and said even if I come off both for a couple of weeks there's unlikely to be any immediate negative consequences... thanks for commenting, much appreciated :) x

alibeau

« Reply #2545 on: February 02, 2021, 03:24:22 PM »

Hello!

I've been peri menopausal for a couple of years and started on Femoston 1/10 and then switched up to Femoston 2/10 about 18 months ago.  I am 48.

My symptoms started to creep back in recently and so GP has prescribed a new regime for me to try.

Can I run it past you please and check I have got it right in my own mind?

So, I was on Femoston 2/10 which is  2mg Oestradiol and then the same 2mg plus 10mg dydrogestrone for 14 days. I would have a bleed each month.

GP has now prescribed  2 - 4 pumps of Estrogel (1 pump contains 0.75mg estradiol) - I am wondering whether to start on 2 or 3 pumps? I am thinking I will apply it to mid innner thigh in the morning?

I then have Utrogestan 100 oral capsules (containing 100mg progesterone) - take 2 (200mg) orally at bedtime on days 15 - 26.

Does this sound about right?

Any advice on whether to start with 2 or 3 pumps?

Many thanks in advance,

Ali x

sheila99

« Reply #2546 on: February 02, 2021, 05:57:31 PM »

Yes, that sounds right. As you need to increase that would equate to 3 pumps but different types can be absorbed differently. I'd be inclined to start at 2 and see how you are for a couple of weeks then increase if you need to (or more quickly if you feel worse).

alibeau

« Reply #2547 on: February 02, 2021, 06:39:46 PM »

Thank you sheila99....

Yes it was the absorption rate that got me wondering re 2 0r 3 pumps....

I'll start with 2 and see how i go...

Thanks again.

Ali x

julie55

• I'm in here somewhere
« Reply #2548 on: February 07, 2021, 04:12:24 PM »

Hello was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to if I should increase my oestrogel I've only been on 5 days but hot flushes have got more intence especially at night and creepy skin head tingling during day I was on tablets for years but due to shortage have been unable to get them since November and they were fantastic for me I was put on kliofem but I got rotten sore breasts and palpations I stopped cold turkey all hrt and have been so very ill vertigo for nine weeks ringing ears tingling and numbness anxiety couldn't take anymore so asked my GP for the gel and tablet he not good with hrt he prescribed it at first with 200 mg utrogesten I had to ring back and say I've been post Meno approx 5 years and would need 100mg taken daily he hasn't even put how many pumps of gel I should be useing so I have started on two and one tablet vaginal every night and as I say my hot flashes are way more intence and more frequent as the day wears on I get the creeping feeling in my skin like I've suddenly got a cold chill  and my veins stand out  and the funny head thing I was on 2mg +1 mg elesete duet conti for years and years and was great I really want this to work and I'm not sure if it's to much gel or not enough how do you know I don't want to over do it and make myself feel worse than I already do would anyone have any advice I don't want to stop and go down the dark road again if I could have my tablet back I would in a shot but not available and I don't think my doctor would let me go back on them I have tried evorol conti also they started my vertigo off but thinking about it I don't think they were the right strength compared to the tablet oh I'm in such a middle I just want to feel better should I up the gel or decrease it my doc not great and due to virus it's Tel call only sorry for long post regards Julie x anyone got any help please

Gnatty

« Reply #2549 on: February 07, 2021, 06:28:20 PM »

Hi, I am sorry you are feeling so anxious about this but I do understand how you feel. All I can say is generally if you still have hot flushes its a sign you need more oestrogel. Having said that you have only been on it five days. Can you bear to wait another few days just in case it suddenly starts working? If not I would suggest you could gradually increase your dose slowly slowly and each time give it a fortnight or so to see if hot flushes lessen.

Just a thought, are you applying the gel to clean skin? My skin is quite oily and if I don't wash first, the gel doesn't seem to absorb properly.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 187