Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 726388 times)

Tc

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2070 on: November 03, 2019, 12:22:59 AM »

Yes kilted. Thank you.  I mustve caught it in time.  I hope.r. I realy believe the vag utro was to blame Xxx
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 12:25:27 AM by Tc »

Sammiejane

« Reply #2071 on: November 03, 2019, 04:08:53 PM »

hi does anyone know if progesterone or utrogestan has any benefit to scalp hair as in helps it grow has a role in hair thickness ?

i take estrogen only which is estrogel 2.5 pumps and my hair is getting thinner n thinner i'm wondering if it's because i'm missing a balance with progesterone even though i've had hysterectomy!

never had hairloss on the pill ! or the issues i'm having on hrt !
thanks

Sammiejane

« Reply #2072 on: November 03, 2019, 04:20:53 PM »

hi ladies

i wondered is anyone has had bladder issues since starting estrogel , i initiated systemic hrt due to dampness below wasn't sure if was slight incontinenece or VA and also take ovestin but i have noticed that since taking estrogel or estrogen i feel like i'm not emptying my bladder proberbly it's not that i go frequently only 5 -6 times a day and don't need to get up in the night unless drunk a lot before bed but when i go the urine stream is not as force ful as it once was and then the dampness i's still there not improved despite taking ovestin and estrogen for 11 months now ovestin twice a week and in the last 3/4 weeks i've been experiencing burning with the ovestin which wasn't an issue before and dampness worse ! could this be unopposed estrogen and i don't take progesterone with having hysterectomy and no ovaries either but progesterone acts as directic which may help in bladder emptying ? the burning seems to come on. the following day after using ovestin and is worse if i use is on the outside bits maybe i need to increase the vaginal estrogen and thoughts appreciated ? i have no uti been tested so it not this but having urethral spasms to which has come on recently !
should i try vagifem instead but i'm worried bout hairloss even though i'm loosing hair anyway so again this could even be the ovestin / estrogel !
i'm off to GP tuesday so am going to spaK again about the contraceptive pill instead as i'm only 40 !

Choc Ice

« Reply #2073 on: November 04, 2019, 09:13:31 PM »

Hello everyone,
I hope you all won't be completely bored with my question, please  forgive me, it's not meant!
I am switching from Evorel sequi  50 to oestrogel and utrogestan combo, and since my GP wasn't totally sure what I'm doing, have I got this right?
I use 2pumps of the gel daily and on day 15 to 26(?) I take 2 tabs of the utrogestan alongside the gel.
Is that an equivalent amount of each, at least to start off with?
Thanks in advance

Ladybt28

« Reply #2074 on: November 05, 2019, 01:05:49 AM »

Hi Choc Ice - its not really a good idea to try and work out what each dose equivalent is for hrt.  Yes you are right - to start 2 pumps of gel and then 2 utrogestan on the days 15-26.  If you get a return of symptoms then you can start to up your gel half a pump at a time I would suggest.   The maximum you can go to is 4 pumps but the idea is that you increase it enough to keep symptoms under control.

Thing is, each hrt works differently on different bodies so you just need to see how you go, there is never a "straight switch" when you change hrt regimes.  Let us know how you get on x

Sammiejane

« Reply #2075 on: November 05, 2019, 12:01:28 PM »

hi birdy

no unfortunately not on facebook just wondered if any of you ladies who take progesterone side of things have noticed that u have kept your hair same as it was or if it's been thinning had this thickened up ?

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #2076 on: November 05, 2019, 12:31:33 PM »

"A recent post from a member in Scotland has thrown into question the availability of Utrogestan for hrt in the NHS Scotland regions".

Here's a link to the information for Scotland:
https://www.scottishmedicines.org.uk/medicines-advice/micronised-progesterone-utrogestan-fullsubmission-54209/

There's a pdf of full information on that page too.
It seems to be a question of cost - "the manufacturer did not present a sufficiently robust economic analysis to gain acceptance" and alternatives seem to be available.

Emma

KiltedCupid

« Reply #2077 on: November 05, 2019, 12:48:57 PM »

Many thanks Emma, I think BeaR has already posted that link on the thread relating to the query so hopefully this should clarify things for Scittish NHS patients.

KiltedCupid

« Reply #2078 on: November 05, 2019, 12:54:29 PM »

*Scottish!

Although I imagine they are a bit skittish with this news.

debra217

« Reply #2079 on: November 05, 2019, 01:19:38 PM »

Hi - I'm in Scotland and asked for utrogestan but was advised at the meno clinic to try something else as there could be problems with the future sourcing of if. So got patches instead.

Hurdity

« Reply #2080 on: November 05, 2019, 01:53:54 PM »

"A recent post from a member in Scotland has thrown into question the availability of Utrogestan for hrt in the NHS Scotland regions".

Here's a link to the information for Scotland:
https://www.scottishmedicines.org.uk/medicines-advice/micronised-progesterone-utrogestan-fullsubmission-54209/

There's a pdf of full information on that page too.
It seems to be a question of cost - "the manufacturer did not present a sufficiently robust economic analysis to gain acceptance" and alternatives seem to be available.

Emma

Thanks for taking the trouble to post this Emma.  I, along with others, raised this question earlier in August but at the time Dr Currie was too busy to respond, and it has come up many times before.

The thing is we do need further clarification in addition please, because there is a crucial point here in the text at the end of the document you linked to:

"This  advice  does  not override the individual responsibility of health professionals to make decisions in the exercise of their clinical judgement in the circumstances of the individual patient, in consultation with the patient and/or guardian or carer. "

What we need is clarification as to whether the Scottish system is like the English - whereby there are local recommendations etc (in relation to some LICENSED medicines), but whether the doctor can override these on the computer system provided they can justify it, as is the case in England - irrespective of cost?

The fact that there is patchy provision and some can get this licensed product quite easily on NHS suggests that it is possible but we do need to know and also help in knowing how to override it - is the text at the end of that advice for example, sufficient, if a patient can argue a preference for body-identical progesterone? Utrogestan is the only licensed product of its kind.

Thanks in advance :)

Hurdity x

Lucyjo

« Reply #2081 on: November 05, 2019, 02:20:12 PM »

Afternoon ladies,
Just collected Androfeme finally!! (£125 for one tube!) It should work miracles for that cost.
I apply 3 pumps of estrogel in the morning & take ustrogestan orally at bed time.
When would you use the androfeme & where??
I also use vagifem some nights.
Thanks x

Sammiejane

« Reply #2082 on: November 05, 2019, 02:53:37 PM »

hi birdy

what regime are you on again !

lucyjo

with you taking gel utrogestan every night and vagifem have you noticed any hair shedding ?

Lucyjo

« Reply #2083 on: November 05, 2019, 03:05:17 PM »

Hi Sammiejane,
I have noticed hair shedding, but mine has always been very thick & frizzy, so not bothered me yet!
Maybe, if it starts to get thin I'll review things.
Do you use androfeme ??

Sammiejane

« Reply #2084 on: November 05, 2019, 04:02:48 PM »

hi lucyjo

the only reason i ask is that i use 3 pumps gel and have noticed thinning hair i've lost 50 percent in 11 mths being in it and wondered if it's because i don't take progesterone or testosterone ? or if the estradiol itself causing thinning because i didn't suffer before i started hrt
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 187