Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 711212 times)

Ladybt28

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2025 on: October 13, 2019, 03:02:43 PM »

Luckily I don't have to use anything for VA but I believe you can use vagifem with utrogestan vaginally Lucyjo.  There are plenty of ladies on here who use both that way, maybe one of them will be along in a minute to tell you how they use it.

Gracie65

« Reply #2026 on: October 14, 2019, 07:41:18 AM »

Good Morning,

I decided last night to insert my Utrogestan vaginally and managed this easily just not sure if I went high enough up? I would say just past the second knuckle of my middle finger. My main question is that I had read from other ladies that it tends to run out a little so use a liner which I did and in the morning nothing came out, bone dry which is probably good I guess.
I just wanted to see how it dissolved so I put one tablet in a little food bag and dropped in warm water and it did melt quickly containing a white cream. My concern was the little bit of outer layer that is undisolved, where does that go? I know it's probably a silly question but I didn't want those little bits all building up inside:(
I kept checking after going to the loo hoping it would be floating in the water but nothing.

Thank you,
Grace ( complete worry wart!)

Ladybt28

« Reply #2027 on: October 14, 2019, 01:19:12 PM »

They do dissolve quite quickly.  Any undissolved bits just fall out with the bodily fluids you lose from that area!  Don't go looking for them Gracie65 you will drive yourself insane!  :)  They just come out trust me!

Gracie65

« Reply #2028 on: October 14, 2019, 02:49:31 PM »

Thank you so much ladybt much appreciated and I will stop looking as you suggest x

Pinkjan4288

« Reply #2029 on: October 15, 2019, 07:53:03 PM »

I really need some advice on what to do.

I changed to taking utrogestan for 25 days per month (100mg)because I was feeling so tired taking 200mg for half the month and the day after I was stopping the tablets I would be feeling awful and struggle to sleep.

So my query is that I'm not bleeding when I'm supposed to at all.
The other month the bleeding started when I was back on the utrogestan and I bled lightly for 2 weeks. Nothing during the planned break.
This month , absolutely nothing again but I feel like I need a period so I haven't re started my tablets.

I don't know what to do.

My best friend is a GP and she said I should take the tablets as normal ( so 25 days) but I'm bloated and have twinges in my ovaries and feel I should come on.

My cycle feels so messed up since I changed the utrogestan regime.

itsmejojo

« Reply #2030 on: October 21, 2019, 08:49:01 PM »

Sorry need some more advice please! I'd been on 2 pumps of gel for about 6 months and was feeling great but hot flushes and night sweats returned so slowly increased to 3 with no improvement and now been on 4 for about 10 days still with no improvement.  Do I need to be more patient?  Worried I'm not absorbing the gel properly? Would I be better off with patches?  Is it coincidence that symptoms returned when the gel prescribed changed from Oestrodose to Oestrogel...I've read conflicting things.
Thanks x

Lucyjo

« Reply #2031 on: October 22, 2019, 08:04:11 AM »

Morning ladies, Started estrogel 2 pumps & utrogestan orally 10 days ago. Felt great for the first week - now feel rubbish again! Tired, headache, cba, aching joints & insomnia, anxiety. Should I just carry on as prescribed for how long??

Ladybt28

« Reply #2032 on: October 22, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »

Sorry Lucyjo, it doesn't work quickly, you have to wait for it to build up and level out, unfortunately, you should try that for a least the first 3 weeks and then if the symptoms come back or don't level out, up the gel by a pump and wait again for another 3 weeks to see if it levels out.  I would go conservatively.  It is usually said that any use of hrt requires a minimum of 3 months use
before you can work out if it is right for you.  I use 4 pumps of gel so it is perfectly ok to go to that level.  The idea is to increase until the symptoms come under control and stay under control.

Lucyjo

« Reply #2033 on: October 22, 2019, 01:58:09 PM »

Ok Ladybt, I think I got spoilt the first few days! Maybe it was psychological! I did up it to 3 pumps this morning so I will go back to 2 tomorrow & not be so impatient. Do you take utrogestan orally? Do you use vagifem or testosterone as well? I just want some light at the end of the tunnel  - thanks xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #2034 on: October 22, 2019, 03:28:54 PM »

I use utrogestan vaginally, not orally.  I also use testosterone.  My T was prescribed 6 months after I started the gel and Utro.  It is usual that consultants or GP's want the gel and utro to be settled and working before they introduce testosterone.  Luckily I do not have to use vagifem, I thank my lucky stars I have avoided VA altogether.

I had an absolutely horrendous time in peri and meno. My anxiety and aches and pains in particular went unregulated for about 5 years or more even though I was on hrt at the time because it was the wrong hrt for me both in the type and the dose.  It took 6 goes at different hrt to find the right combo for me which was gel and utro and then after I had started that a full 5 months before I settled into "feeling better".  The testosterone helped with libido, brain fog, energy, the rest such as insomnia, anxiety (off the chart type!) panic attacks, flushes, aches so bad I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia!, acid reflux, headaches were all sorted with the gel and the Utro.  I am prone to depression so I use the Utro on a cycle, have a bleed even though I am 57 to keep it to a minimum.

Lucyjo

« Reply #2035 on: October 22, 2019, 03:42:32 PM »

Oh thank you Ladybt, we sound very similar - I am 56 and have been trying for about 5 yrs to get hrt since I started with burning mouth syndrome! Had to see a private gyn. who prescribed all 4 thing at once (but the testosterone is still out of stock!). Wondering if to use the utro vaginally - she said take it every day - no break. Don't know what I'm doing - very confused xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #2036 on: October 22, 2019, 03:58:51 PM »

You can take your utro continually and if you are post meno that is what is usually recommended but I haven't done very well on other forms of progesterone and had a very bad experience when I was prescribed Provera continuously (it's pill you take orally, you cant take it any other way).  So I wasn't going to risk taking Utro continuously and I thought it wise to avoid it being processed by the liver and the stomach so I use it vaginally.
Everything seems to have settled nicely after a year, is all I can say.  I do know after bitter experience that all this stuff is trial and error and a huge amount of patience can be required.

Lucyjo

« Reply #2037 on: October 22, 2019, 07:39:01 PM »

Thank you so much ladybt. You seem to have really got yourself sorted - I'm very envious!! Take care x

Hurdity

« Reply #2038 on: October 23, 2019, 05:28:01 PM »

I really need some advice on what to do.

I changed to taking utrogestan for 25 days per month (100mg)because I was feeling so tired taking 200mg for half the month and the day after I was stopping the tablets I would be feeling awful and struggle to sleep.

So my query is that I'm not bleeding when I'm supposed to at all.
The other month the bleeding started when I was back on the utrogestan and I bled lightly for 2 weeks. Nothing during the planned break.
This month , absolutely nothing again but I feel like I need a period so I haven't re started my tablets.

I don't know what to do.

My best friend is a GP and she said I should take the tablets as normal ( so 25 days) but I'm bloated and have twinges in my ovaries and feel I should come on.

My cycle feels so messed up since I changed the utrogestan regime.

pinkjan your post got missed unfortunately.

The thing is if you are peri-menopausal then your own cycle will carryon regardless especially on the reduced dose of utrogestan. That is really the post-menopause or very late peri dose with the 3 days break just in case there has been a bit of endometrial build-up during the cycle. If you are ovulating irreguarly then that's when you will bleed - ie in relation to your natural cycle rather than the utro.. The Utrogestan won't stop the bleeding (if you are peri) but will make it less and certainly won't determine when you bleed. Do keep taking the tablets whether or not you feel like you need a bleed - this is your own hormones coming into play but you need to progesterone to counteract the extra oestrogen you are taking.

Your GP friend is right - so it's a toss up whether you feel better overall with the 100 mg and your irregular periods ( which are normal for peri)  or the stronger 200 mg but feeling rough more of the time?

Hope you're feeling a bit better now that a few days have elapsed. What did you decide in the end?

Hurdity x

Pinkjan4288

« Reply #2039 on: October 25, 2019, 12:40:45 PM »

Thanks Hurdity.
I stopped taking the utrogestan for 2 weeks to see if any bleeding started. Absolutely nothing so I'm back on 100mg at night.
I would like to know what stage of peri I am in. Maybe late stage? I'm almost 46 so still relatively young.

I don't feel like I'm ovulating much anymore.
I can tell when I am because I fancy sex for a Few days. Then it disappears again.

I miss my sex drive 😢
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 187