Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 727151 times)

Sammiejane

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1995 on: October 04, 2019, 11:59:02 PM »

Hi Joanie

If my levels are low of estrogen could adding testosterone make hairloss worse ?
You mention u had testosterone whilst on the gel with low e levels was your hair loss worse adding in testosterone?

Cassie

« Reply #1996 on: October 05, 2019, 02:20:43 AM »

Tc I also get very shaky on it, feel as if I have had way too much caffeine.

Joaniepat

« Reply #1997 on: October 05, 2019, 06:52:37 AM »

Hi Joanie

If my levels are low of estrogen could adding testosterone make hairloss worse ?
You mention u had testosterone whilst on the gel with low e levels was your hair loss worse adding in testosterone?

No SJ, it didn't seem to get any worse. Shedding stopped when I got my E levels up.

JP x

Tc

« Reply #1998 on: October 05, 2019, 07:38:14 AM »

Tc I also get very shaky on it, feel as if I have had way too much caffeine.

Cassie. Yes. I wonder why it does that. I actually feel shivers shaky. I spend the whole time on it either with a migraine or feeling like I've got flu 

Birdy I think I'm going to have to stop it today . But I think I will have to take my patches off if I do 

Xxx

Sammiejane

« Reply #1999 on: October 05, 2019, 11:01:38 AM »

Hi Joanie

Thanks again for all your support and advice .

I'm at my gp Tuesday and going to get testosterone hopefully I'll try it first with the gel till I see menopause in November and then if e levels are still low then I'll have to swap back to the patch x the only thing I'm finding with gel besides hair loss is fatigue I feel drowsy all the time foggy headed I didn't have this on the patch I felt more alert . If all this fails then it's contraceptive pill or nothing ! Just to confirm u don't have progesterone do you. ?

Joaniepat

« Reply #2000 on: October 05, 2019, 11:03:21 AM »

No SJ, no progesterone for me.

JP x

Tc

« Reply #2001 on: October 05, 2019, 11:10:12 AM »

Birdy. Just the worry over my high dose patches realy. Doesnt help that last week when the gp looked at my scan she said "4.2 mm that's borderline"!!  So much conflicting stuff about that. I've been told something different by 3 different docs and the radiologist said 11mm. I wish they'd get their act together over this. It causes worry. I felt o.k last week so I didnt let it get to me what the gp said but it's in the back of my mind that I ve got to get some progesterone. Because of that 
Last month I only made 8 days and had a very light, short bleed.
Xxx

Tracey E

« Reply #2002 on: October 05, 2019, 11:41:52 AM »

Estrogel caused my hair loss, never had any problems stopping the progesterone no side effects from leaving it off, just stopped cold turkey.

Eyebrows, eyelashes and hair are all growing back since I've come off HRT.

Tc

« Reply #2003 on: October 05, 2019, 03:57:48 PM »

I've just looked back and seen you asked about others bleeds birdy.

On 12 days and 10 I bled on day 8 for 3 days. Each time. on 8 days I only bled lightly for one day. So it would seem the less progesterone the lighter the bleed in my case. I know my lining is 4.2 so not too thin to bleed.

I'm just thinking about the fact you had bleeding for weeks a couple months ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. But maybe it thinned the linings a lot and it hasnt yet build up enough to bleed much yet. . Just a thought.

Xxx

Ladybt28

« Reply #2004 on: October 05, 2019, 06:04:46 PM »

General mental exhaustion and lack of sleep takes a very very long time to come back from Birdy, probably a minimum of 6 months and basically you need loads of rest and nothing to cause you stress in your life which is like finding and catching a unicorn for nearly all of us unless we have our own private island!  You have only just started getting some proper sleep so early days. Much love...take it easy, there are no quick answers for issues which have been going on for years but we live in an instant world where everything needs fixed including our minds and our bodies and it just doesn't work that way unfortunately. :hug:

coldlittleheart

« Reply #2005 on: October 05, 2019, 09:43:49 PM »

Can someone please give me a hand making sense of going from utrogestan continual to 10-12 days a month. I know this should be simple but I can't think of how to do this.

If I do my first night without utro now, how long til I start again? I was going to make a calendar. Sorry I sound completely stupid, I realise that, but my brain has gone on vacation.

Thanks!

coldlittleheart

« Reply #2006 on: October 06, 2019, 01:19:44 PM »

Why not keep it simple and do your 12 days of utro on 1st-12th November?

Do you mean not take any for the rest of this month? I have not taken any yesterday.

winnie1967

« Reply #2007 on: October 07, 2019, 08:38:03 AM »

Hi again everyone, I wonder if I can get some more advice/suggestions please....I've been on the oestrogel (2 pumps a day) and utrogestan 100mg, for about 3 mths now.... Really severe flushes and sweats all but gone (brilliant), but anxiety, depression, crying, sleep, all gone much worse. I have ME and tend to be quite drug sensitive.....I've decided to go down to one pump a day temporarily, but I was wondering is there a way to half the utrogestan dose and NOT get a bleed....would every other day work?
Also, I've been taking the utrogestan vaginally, but doesn't always go well 😮
Can I swap and change between orally and vaginally?
Many thanks 🙂

winnie1967

« Reply #2008 on: October 07, 2019, 10:50:47 AM »

Hiya, thanks for your reply....haven't changed the oestrogel dose yet, I was going to start tonight...I was thinking try lower before going higher with doses, just because as a rule, with meds, I tend to need lower doses than average, especially starting, so wondered as I've been on the 'standard' dose for nearly 3 mths, that a lower dose MAY work better?
And that's same reason I wanted to half utrogestan dose, if I was trying half oestrogel.
Without making everyone cringe, yes have been using it at night in bed last thing, but was getting bits appear in the toilet with my wee the next day (sorry!), so was worried I may not be absorbing it enough. It's definitely the capsule as opposed to, discharge, because of the colour!
Oh, yes, I'm post meno.
Thanks x
If you are post meno you can use utrogestan every day, continuously, and not have a bleed.
Use it at night before you go to bed, vaginally? You absorb more that way and it won't drop out. I assume that's what you meant when you said that using vaginally doesn't always go to plan.
I would not recommend you swapping between oral and vaginal use as you absorb less orally and your body will be getting different amounts of progesterone and I can't imagine it wil do your mood much good.
Plus dropping your oestrogen dose back to one pump might be responsible for your darker moods too. You may in fact need to increase your gel instead. Hot flushes are usually the first symptoms to go when using HRT and because yours seem to be going slowly I think you need more oestrogen. Please give your body time to adjust when altering your HRT and how you use it.

Tracey E

« Reply #2009 on: October 07, 2019, 11:21:06 AM »

Hi Winnie, I was originally prescribed 1 pump of gel to 1 Utrogestan tablet daily. It is quite normal for there to be some residue of the Utrogestan tablet around the next day. I would give 1 pump of Estrogel a go, everyone different some need less than others to get symptom relief. Also it can take a while for HRT to settle and for your body to get used to it. Good luck! :)X
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 187