Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 727571 times)

Ladybt28

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1905 on: September 17, 2019, 12:42:18 PM »

I'm a bit surprised by the "fat pockets" thing??  Never read about it before. I've been rubbing 4 pumps into my thighs for the last year and luckily my thighs look exactly the same as they have always done?  I occasionally rub it into my arms but mainly the thighs get it!  It's not on my hips either as I noticed when I started it, I lost my "saddle bags" which was brill.
Maybe I am just lucky, I don't know??  Hardly an exercise freak so has to be just luck  :)

juliemargaret

« Reply #1906 on: September 17, 2019, 12:45:48 PM »

Hi ladybt. I didnt apply my gel today. Not sure if done right thing but just felt so sh** . Any advice?

The cellulite thing..hmm...i dod botoce mine a little and also more prominent spider veins inner thighs...but didnt give much thought  as was probably too preoccupied with headache and everything else!!! X

Tracey E

« Reply #1907 on: September 17, 2019, 12:52:19 PM »

I'm a bit surprised by the "fat pockets" thing??  Never read about it before. I've been rubbing 4 pumps into my thighs for the last year and luckily my thighs look exactly the same as they have always done?  I occasionally rub it into my arms but mainly the thighs get it!  It's not on my hips either as I noticed when I started it, I lost my "saddle bags" which was brill.
Maybe I am just lucky, I don't know??  Hardly an exercise freak so has to be just luck  :)

Nope neither did I, I weigh 9 stone 2lb and I noticed them the other day whilst wearing shorts. Little round bumps  down the inside of each thigh. They were definitely not there before starting HRT.

Margaret how are you feeling ?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 12:54:29 PM by Tracey E »

juliemargaret

« Reply #1908 on: September 17, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »

Hi Trace.....still got eye pain headache Same o. And ...havent applied my gel. Naughty or not i dont know but at the moment dont bloody care.  Phys, mentally and emotionally drained. Feel a bit angry too almost, like a quiet anger and more so " right, had enough of this now its been over 4 months and ive been consumed. Who even am I anymore? Enoughs enough. Come what may"

So ive 2 options - run upstairs, take off my pants and apply  haha..(zzzzzz) or....leave and see how go. X

Tracey E

« Reply #1909 on: September 17, 2019, 02:05:59 PM »

Maybe a break from HRT would be a good idea Margaret. Just to see how you actually feel and to find yourself again. I haven't crashed yet so I think I did the right thing coming off it, if only to find out how I actually feel without taking it. Not had any hot flushes today but still having occasional palpitations.

Thinking of you. X

LuLu71

« Reply #1910 on: September 17, 2019, 02:08:04 PM »

Tracey and Jmargaret,

Uggghhh, sorry to hear you are suffering right now a lot. Please go easy on yourself because this menopause trip really affects the whole body physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It's a bit of a crisis time and I really hope you start to see a little a light shining at the end of this tunnel soon. Try to remember it's not "you" or your fault - it's a huge transition that is out of your control right now but with time, it will get better...

Here is an article from Scientific American on cellulite and menopause...I don't mean to depress with this article lol...it's just that these sex hormones that are depleting our bodies have such an enormous impact on many, many functions in our bodies that I think needs to be highlighted so that we go easier on ourselves...all the best x0  https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-cellulite-forever/

juliemargaret

« Reply #1911 on: September 17, 2019, 02:24:03 PM »

Hi Lulu ahh thabks for ur support and kind words...and the artice link. I mist admit though havent given the cellulite any thought as got more pressing symptoms going on...but its an interesting add on eh. Im more worried now ive had....and have (feel awful)   a virus and been too hasty in not applying my estrogel this morning.!!!! Didnt feel great on just the gel alone though... x
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:42:16 PM by Jmargaret »

juliemargaret

« Reply #1912 on: September 17, 2019, 03:38:02 PM »

Thanks so much Tracey - my feelings also. Xx

Pinkjan4288

« Reply #1913 on: September 17, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »

Hi, Ive been on this combo since December last year. For the past 2 months I switched to taking utrogestan daily (100mg) for 21 days and have a 7 day break. Having a bleed as normal during the break. I also use 2 pumps of gel daily in the morning.
I haven't had any sign of a bleed when I did the 7 day break at all. I'm now back on the next cycle of utrogestan.
It feels odd because I have bled quite heavily during all the other pill breaks.
Is this normal?

Ladybt28

« Reply #1914 on: September 17, 2019, 04:23:52 PM »

The idea of taking utrogestan continuously or nearly continuously is to balance the oestrogen so that you do not bleed and is usually prescribed for post meno women.  It is obvious that if you are not bleeding then the lining of the womb is kept thin and there is nothing to shed, Pinkjan4288.
Normally the prescription for utro and gel when it is used not to have a bleed is continuous every day or only a 3 day break. I haven't heard of a 7 day break before?  Consultant or GP suggest this?

The other way is a cycle where you take your gel only to day 15 and then start 12 days of utrogestan.  After the utrogestan stops after the 12 days you should get a bleed and this way of taking it is designed to make you bleed to shed any womb lining.

Pinkjan4288

« Reply #1915 on: September 17, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »

Thanks for your reply.
The prescribing nurse at my Drs surgery suggested it.
I'm now questioning what she said, My memory is so bad. I didn't want to continue taking 2 utrogestan tablets for 14 days because I feel knackered the following day.

annedenmark

« Reply #1916 on: September 17, 2019, 08:03:19 PM »

Hi Ladybt28, I noticed you suggest taking the oestrogel only up to day 15, then switching to utrogestan for 12 days.
However I take my 4 pumps everyday of the month, which my GP prescribed and is in the NICE  guidelines. I'm assuming this is okay?

Pinkjan4288

« Reply #1917 on: September 17, 2019, 09:20:48 PM »

So. I've just read the label on the pack and it does say to take for 25 days out of 28.
I don't know where I got 21 days from!!

Ladybt28

« Reply #1918 on: September 17, 2019, 11:00:06 PM »

sorry annedenmark you use your oestrogel every day and then add in the Utrogestan for 12 days.  I must be more careful how I explain. Apologies  ::)

annedenmark

« Reply #1919 on: September 18, 2019, 10:56:43 AM »

Ah, thanks for clarifying Ladybt28.. Phew. Not giving my daily estrogel up....
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 187