Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 727494 times)

Sammiejane

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1860 on: September 09, 2019, 06:39:33 PM »

Hi Joanie pat

Do u take progesterone at all ?

With u being on estradot patch have you found your VA symtoms to be worse then from when u was on the gel ?

Do you use Ovestin cream or vagifem vaginally ?

Joaniepat

« Reply #1861 on: September 09, 2019, 08:45:29 PM »

Hi Joanie pat

Do u take progesterone at all ?

With u being on estradot patch have you found your VA symtoms to be worse then from when u was on the gel ?

Do you use Ovestin cream or vagifem vaginally ?
No Sammiejane, don't need progesterone, had hysterectomy and ovaries removed so I only need oestrogen. VA symptoms are mainly under control (with the occasional blip). All my symptoms are better on patch than gel because I absorb better from the patch. For VA I have the Estring, plus Vagifem every other night, and Estriol Cream externally every other night. I  find Ovestin stings so had to give up on that.

JP x

Sammiejane

« Reply #1862 on: September 09, 2019, 10:12:59 PM »

Hi Joanie pat

Have you found to have loss on your regime ?

With patch or vagifem ?

Ladybt28

« Reply #1863 on: September 09, 2019, 11:05:38 PM »

You've got me worried now Birdy  :-\  I thought my oestrogen and testosterone were ok being on 4 pumps of gel and T 3 times a week? although I've never had any bloods, my meno clinic and GP don't do them but my hair is definitely thinning.
I had patches and don't want to go there again???  and I really don't want to mess up what I've got.  As you know its taken me ages to get this far...Hum gonna need some more information....anybody?/// xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #1864 on: September 10, 2019, 06:00:06 AM »

Hi Joanie pat

Have you found to have loss on your regime ?

With patch or vagifem ?
No, hair is good now
JP x

Sammiejane

« Reply #1865 on: September 10, 2019, 08:19:52 AM »

Joanie pat

Hi Joanie

Do u suggest I try upping the gel again to 3 pumps before swapping to the patch to see if I get better absorption, as I'm not even sure if the gel is causing hairloss as I started shedding prior to taking this medication but has continued and it's more thinning scalp hair , my only worry is when I upped to 3 pumps before I was very anxious fatigued and constipated but also don't want to waste time waiting to see if estrogen levels go up they have told me that u need them at 250/300 mine were 195 first 4 months then dropped to 104 this was sticking on 2 pumps . All other blood work fine .

Also for anyone out there could the exessive sweating armpits and groin be due to hormonal imbalance as that's what I've read between estrogen and progesterone? 

debra217

« Reply #1866 on: September 12, 2019, 08:21:02 AM »

Hi

Having just started on the Testim 2% gel (going to do 3 times per week as guided on here). Is it really one pump? Quite a lot seems to come out in one pump?  More than a pea size - maybe double?

(I use patches for hrt so not used to pumps)

Just don't want to be using too much?

Thank you lovely ladies  :)

Sammiejane

« Reply #1867 on: September 12, 2019, 11:18:59 AM »

Hi ladies

Can the estradot patch be applied to lower back / buttocks or does it have to go on the abdomen.  ?

Anyone had hairloss from estrogel ?
Or hairloss from vagifem ?

Anyone who has had a hysterectomy take progesterone and if so which one ?

Are there any ladies on here that are on the pill following hysterectomy and ovaries removed.  ?

Thanks
Sam

Sammiejane

« Reply #1868 on: September 12, 2019, 04:43:28 PM »

Hi birdy

Does Ovestin work just as good as estrogel ?

Sammiejane

« Reply #1869 on: September 12, 2019, 07:49:40 PM »

Sorry birdy

Menopause brain

I meant does Ovestin work just as well as vagifem ?

Tc

« Reply #1870 on: September 12, 2019, 08:01:10 PM »

Joanie. May I ask about the estring please.
It gives  a continous dose doesnt it.?  Do you find it isnt effective on it's own and that's why you use vagifem too or is it the other way round.?

My hair loss is strange.it started 2 or so years,ago, before HRT. It sheds a frightening amount for weeks at a time and then stops shedding for weeks but doesnt seem to grow in that time either. So it's getting thinner and thinner.  .eyebrows too.  But worst is my eyelashes are now non exsistant and this has happened fairly quickly. All that's left are  a,few tiny stubs, I cant even feel with my  fingers.  :'(

Sammie. 
Your question about taking progesterone or mini pill  after hysterectomy. I assume you mean for balance, is that why.  as  technically you dont need to take progesterone with no uterus. You can take eastrogen on it's own.  Why dont you start a,new thread about it. Maybe you will get more answers. It's an interesting question. I've seen it talked about on a US site.

Xx

Hurdity

« Reply #1871 on: September 12, 2019, 08:02:22 PM »

Sammiejane - this thread is about utrogestan and Oestrogel not really vag treatments. Maybe better to start another thread about vaginal treatments or tag onto another relevant one if appropriate? Please try to post your questions on the right thread or a separate thread as it gets confusing and the right people might not read them or do a search of other threads as Birdy suggests.  FYI they are both designed for  treatment of VA and it is a matter of personal preference whether to use a Vaginal estradiol tablet ( Vagifem) or estriol cream ( either the 0.01 % or the stronger Ovestin). I don't want to take this thread off topic though as members who just want to read about utrogestan and oestrogel then have to read other stuff!

Sammiejane

« Reply #1872 on: September 12, 2019, 08:07:38 PM »

Hi hurdity

With regard to estrogel does this cause thinning scalp hair ?

Or am I loosing hair cause my estrogen is low at 104 and testosterone at 0.8

Or do I need a balance with progesterone ? I have no uterus so not needed but want to balance things and stop hairloss

Joaniepat

« Reply #1873 on: September 12, 2019, 09:22:50 PM »

Joanie. May I ask about the estring please.
It gives  a continous dose doesnt it.?  Do you find it isnt effective on it's own and that's why you use vagifem too or is it the other way

Hi Tc,
I will start another thread to answer your question about the Estring, as I agree with Hurdity's point that this one is getting a bit muddled!
JP x

pricey

« Reply #1874 on: September 12, 2019, 09:31:41 PM »

Posted on another thread, but I think most relevant here ...

____

Hi ladies,

Following on from another thread when I had just started this regime and we talked through using the utrogestan vaginally etc ... Then, as I have been bleeding off and on for months (all checked out) and have tried various methods including patches, I decided to delay the start of the utrogestan as I wasn't sure how it would make me feel. I had a stressful week, including a job interview for a promotion. (Got the job by the way!)
Anyway, on day 21 of Oestrogel I started spotting - not unusual for me,  especially with yet another change of HRT.  Two nights ago I suddenly felt very sick after napping on the sofa,  got up quickly and promptly fainted. Very unusual for me. Paramedics checked me over, heart trace and blood sugar etc all ok. BP was very low but soon picked up. Told me to see doctor next day. I queried anaemia since I have had it quite badly before and with all the breakthrough bleeding plus my own cycle kicking in ... I have had blood tests today, results in a few days.  Overnight I started flooding to add insult to injury, soaking a super plus extra tampon and pad in half an hour on two occasions. Ibuprofen seems to have helped it to ease but I now feel weaker than ever. And this is without starting utrogestan yet. My questions are should I start even though as I'm now having a natural bleed (I can tell) this would be the time to be on oestrogen.  Am I having too much oestrogen,  hence the very heavy bleed? Should I stick with this and hope it resolves, or cut down to 1 pump rather than 2 per day?
This evening I've been flooding again and passing clots.  :'(

Thanks for listening as always.
X
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 187