Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 728029 times)

kayellvee

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1815 on: August 19, 2019, 06:12:06 AM »

Thanks Dotty.  Just feeling a bit hopeless this morning.

Callisto

« Reply #1816 on: August 19, 2019, 11:24:55 AM »

Oh I'm frustrated,
My consultant said that it would be sensible to get a blood test to check estrodial levels before increasing dose Because I ( despairingly) took an extra half a pump last night I have to wait at least a week because apparently it will have already affected my levels. I thought these blood tests were inconclusive.. :o 🐾C

Dotty

« Reply #1817 on: August 19, 2019, 11:43:01 AM »

Callisto... blood tests are a waste of time. Doctors should go on symptoms and wether the symptoms are going. Blood tests are of some use to see if you are absorbing the oestrogen x

Ladybt28

« Reply #1818 on: August 19, 2019, 12:27:00 PM »

I agree with Dotty Callisto, blood tests are no good.  I am the same as Dotty I use 4 pumps, but other ladies can control their symptoms on on 1/2 pr 3.  My GP and Consultant go on controlling symptoms.  What's the good of a blood test that says in theory you have enough oestrogen but you still have flushes, anxiety, aches pains etc?  GP's always err on the side of caution about increasing doses because the majority of them don't really understand what they are talking about although they should! >:(  Only you know how your body feels and can judge  What is good about the gel is you can vary the dose without having to ask them every time.  Up to 4 pumps is absolutely fine - in fact there have been ladies on the forum who have used 6 but they are definitely under supervision!  Up to 4 is perfectly ok.  It does take a while for your body to settle and sometimes when you up it you feel a bi rough for a couple of days whilst the body adjusts.  it has take me a 1 whole year to get my hrt right - there is no quick fix.

I do the same as Dotty - 4 pumps in the morning and rub it in.  I think if you don't rub it in the carrier agent evaporates and you lose some of the dose, so I rub it in until its gone.  I put it on my thighs.

How long have you been on Utro Keyellvee?

Callisto

« Reply #1819 on: August 19, 2019, 03:20:05 PM »

Thank you Dotty and Ladybt28,
 I must've somehow got the wrong end of the stick, I thought you were meant to smooth gel and not rub it in and it then absorbs slowly and that was better... aaargh!
So many contradictions out there everywhere with HRT,
I am now panicking even more.. what do I do regarding upping my dose? I wish I hadn't asked my consultant's advice. Do I ignore her and just up my dose by half a pump or do I go and get the blood test then ignore results if they tell me my levels are fine? Why is it so difficult? I hate the constant battle and extra stress of uncertainty that you might be denied HRT at some point. So frazzled and not helped by the hoopla of doctors  :-\ 🐾C

Sammiejane

« Reply #1820 on: August 19, 2019, 04:20:58 PM »

Hi dotty

Can I just ask do you use estrogel on its own or do you take progesterone ?

If so what progesterone ? And how is it administered orally or vaginally?

And have you experienced excessive hair shedding.

As I use 2 pumps estrogel and has been great however after 5 months of taking started getting nausea and constipation and I have suffered with hair shedding and hair has thinned dramatically! Would a progesterone help balance this although I've had hysterectomy and ovary removal so I know is not necessary but willing to try to stop hairloss.

I've recently changed to estradot patch 50 but not as good for sleep and VA symptoms and hair still shedding .

Bloods all normal and thyroid
Estrogen level 104
Testosterone 0.6

Could it be due to low progesterone or testosterone

kayellvee

« Reply #1821 on: August 20, 2019, 01:08:50 PM »

How long have you been on Utro Keyellvee?

I only took it for 2 days but had to stop - my mood tanked badly and I'm really badly bloated/constipated - can't eat properly, which is causing me high anxiety (I have OCD issues around eating).  I phoned the doc and she said to stop it and the gel for now.  Haven't been able to make another appt yet but I will.

I'm actually considering trying an SSRI and leaving the HRT for now, to be reconsidered later because my main issue is anxiety/panic attacks, with OCD tendencies particularly around food. I do think hormones are playing a part though.  Need to chat to the doc first.

Callisto

« Reply #1822 on: August 21, 2019, 02:22:38 PM »

Love my GP,
He said he treats the symptoms not focus on the estrogen blood test results and just to up my dose of oestrogel. The irony is he cannot prescribe it as he NHS so I have to hope my private doc writes me another prescription when I run out sooner than they expected! ( Otherwise I will have to head to Spain to buy some extra there). Crazy world 🐾🐾C

Ladybt28

« Reply #1823 on: August 21, 2019, 02:26:12 PM »

why in gods name can he not prescribe it on the NHS Callisto, mines on the NHS and I'm in Northern Ireland and most women here get it on the NHS?  It's in the prescribing book?

Callisto

« Reply #1824 on: August 21, 2019, 06:05:47 PM »

Hi Lady,
You are lucky,  many parts of the UK do not have these hormones available on the NHS..
I've tried and will continue trying in the Lothians. Can't really afford all this expense inc private consultancy fees but there you go! I want to stick to this HRT regimen so I have to pay the price as do many others 🐾C

Sammiejane

« Reply #1825 on: August 22, 2019, 12:52:33 PM »

Hi guys

Can I ask have any of you guys had hairloss in the estrogel without combined with utrogestan ?

I take estrogen only as have had hysterectomy and ovaries removed but hair seems so much thinner in the scalp some sites say this is a side effect others say post marketing results have shown alopecia and other sites say frequency unknown for hair loss from the available data , the actual leaflet that comes with the estrogel dosent state hairloss x

My estrogen level has dropped from 195 to 104 on the gel although hairloss is not as bad which is making me wonder whether high estrogen levels in ration to progesterone and testosterone is causing my hairloss as now my level is lower the hairloss is not as bad

Your advice and thoughts are much appreciated

Tracey E

« Reply #1826 on: August 22, 2019, 02:40:02 PM »

Hi guys

Can I ask have any of you guys had hairloss in the estrogel without combined with utrogestan ?

I take estrogen only as have had hysterectomy and ovaries removed but hair seems so much thinner in the scalp some sites say this is a side effect others say post marketing results have shown alopecia and other sites say frequency unknown for hair loss from the available data , the actual leaflet that comes with the estrogel dosent state hairloss x

My estrogen level has dropped from 195 to 104 on the gel although hairloss is not as bad which is making me wonder whether high estrogen levels in ration to progesterone and testosterone is causing my hairloss as now my level is lower the hairloss is not as bad

Your advice and thoughts are much appreciated

I've suffered hair loss on Estrogel, I only take progesterone for 7 days per month..

Nannyneet

« Reply #1827 on: August 22, 2019, 08:06:27 PM »

Hi Lady,
You are lucky,  many parts of the UK do not have these hormones available on the NHS..
I've tried and will continue trying in the Lothians. Can't really afford all this expense inc private consultancy fees but there you go! I want to stick to this HRT regimen so I have to pay the price as do many others 🐾C

The gel is available on the NHS in the uk, your gp is wrong not to prescribe it for you,I would make a complaint,my gp wanted me to have patches but she couldn't get any so she gave me the gel instead

Callisto

« Reply #1828 on: August 22, 2019, 10:29:27 PM »

If only it were true! Not all regions supply the same types of HRT. My private consultant and my GP and a letter from local prescribing body all stated independently that the gel was not available in Lothians Scotland.
I have not discovered anyone else who has got it on NHS up here. If I had any evidence to the contrary I would be delighted- anyhow asked my GP again about it but not holding my breath. It would make life so much easier and affordable.
🐾C

Hurdity

« Reply #1829 on: August 23, 2019, 07:33:20 AM »

This has come up before. It is all available on NHS. Sure your doc can override the formulary list of meds? My doc does all the time as none of mine is on our local list (in England). They just have to justify it. Might be different in Scotland but the same broad rules must apply re meds? If you prefer to have oestrogen as a gel than a patch (eg reaction to patches) then they have to prescribe it? After all it is your right to have transdermal oestrogen. Re utrogestan - this is the only progesterone licesned on NHS so there is no other alternative. If you get nowhere do write to Dr Currie (£30) for clarification about how docs can prescribe this as she is in Scotland.

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 187