Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 725196 times)

Ladybt28

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1710 on: August 01, 2019, 11:37:34 AM »

Its the bleed JM and yes it is your own cycle.  Some adjustment in the gel may have that affect in the short term but I'm pretty sure it's the bleed. You take your utro orally don't you - which may account for the grogginess.  Hang on in there - at the start everything varies day to day and some stuff you just cant account for.  What you need to know is how many "good" days or "better" days you get over a period of time.

juliemargaret

« Reply #1711 on: August 01, 2019, 11:47:48 AM »

Hello my friend..
.utro is vaginally. Oh im a bore i know....feel that abt me too. God only knows how my poor hubby feels.....im like a broken record.

Yes woke and just even now wanna go sleep. Cant be bothered doin owt although my heart is ok and knows! And ive stil that voice in my ehad saying OK.....its day 1..why dont u tru the sequi whilst u have the opp..ie..a bleed...and have 14 dahs utro free and see how enjoy the gel!!!  Last night i was like ok...another month and see! But then woke and although had  a good planed oit positive day..havent done frig all. Im very active and in great shape and lift weights reg....havent been this morn as planned but eating lunch now to.get ready to go as know will help pick me up....shake it off..or so i hope.

Just so confused and lost and a bit sotry started this journey...although i know something had to give.
My hair is a bit different too.....dead.
Just feel so tired..unmotovated and jittery and queryibg the increase in gel...maube 2.was enough and just needed the utro changing. Sorry ladybt28 for my boring rants. Glad youre ihere though xx

Sammiejane

« Reply #1712 on: August 01, 2019, 01:12:48 PM »

Hi Tracey e and birdy

My estrogen in March 2019 was 195 and testosterone 0.8

In June 2019 my estrogen was 104 and testosterone 0.6 so I'm not absorbing the estrogel as well as they had hoped however still shedding hair and I would of thought if it was low estrogen causing it then I would of shed lots of prior to starting HRT and as my level of estrogen has gone down I would be shedding more which I'm not I'm shedding a constant rate but to much my testosterone is low however can't give me testosterone unless my estrogen is 250-300 . I have spoken to my friend and she is on estrogen patch only 100mg and has not had hairloss intact most women shouldn't be getting hairloss on estrogen however it is listed as side effect on a lot of the therapy's I'm on estradot patch to rule out of it was the estrogel but it's no way as good as the estrogel but it's only been couple days so where see but I shed hair initially before starting estrogel through starting and stopping HRT patch which didn't suit so I can't say for defo if the estrogel is contributing so I'm playing around abit but otherwise the estrogel was good once my body adjusted just wish the hair would stop shedding which makes me think maybe I need progesterone but I'll keep u updated , there is a few women on this site who have reported hair loss on estrogel so I don't know ?
Tracey  do u just take estrogel or progesterone too ?

Tracey E

« Reply #1713 on: August 01, 2019, 03:03:00 PM »

Sammie I take Utrogestan (7days per month) and Estrogel daily 1.5 pumps. Maybe it is the imbalance of it all causing it. I'm having a mirena fitted on the 9th August so we'll see if it improves then..

Gracie65

« Reply #1714 on: August 01, 2019, 06:14:53 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Just looking for some advice re bleeding on continuous Utrogestan.  I Have been taking utrogestan with Estrogel since January and still having light bleeding every approx. 4 weeks.  Menopause doctor asked me to arrange transvaginal scan which came back fine, endometrial lining is 4.5mm thick.
I take 3 pumps Estrogel daily and 100mg Utrogestan by mouth each night.  My menopause doctor has asked me to phone her tomorrow to update her how the bleeding is coming along.  I'm just concerned that although lining is ok she may suggest marina coil instead of Utrogestan which I do not fancy at all. Just want to be prepared with options before I speak with her.  Would inserting vaginally have a better outcome re bleeding?

Thank you,
Grace x

Gracie65

« Reply #1715 on: August 01, 2019, 06:41:57 PM »

Hi Birdy,

Thanks for replying.  I am post meno, 15 months since last period. I might speak to her about trying 200mg cyclically as I don't mind having a bleed and was lucky to not have heavy periods at all so it wouldn't really bother me. I know mirena is great for some people but I haven't personally had good feed back from friends and relatives who have had it.

Grace x

Dotty

« Reply #1716 on: August 01, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »

Hi Gracie were you post menopause , 12 months period free when you started the Oestrogel in January? X

Gracie65

« Reply #1717 on: August 01, 2019, 07:02:15 PM »

Hi Dotty,

Sorry yes I was, miscounted! last period end of December 2017. I had my consultation in December 2018 and started Estrogel 2 pumps and then added in Utrogestan 1 month later in the January x

Barnaby

« Reply #1718 on: August 01, 2019, 07:35:02 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have seen gynecologist today for I have heavy periods when I have them which can be fortnightly or three weeks sometimes five weeks apart. The gynecologist is arranging for hysteroscopy to check the womb lining and has encouraged me to have the Mirena fitted at the same time. I am using the Evorel sequi patches for the last three months and I have not seen any improvement in my symptoms so wondering if Mirena is the solution!!! I am a bit nervous for I have never had any children and other than having a smear never had any thing invasive inside me.

Can anyone who has had the Mirena please advise if this will be right course of treatment.

Tracey E

« Reply #1719 on: August 01, 2019, 08:01:52 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have seen gynecologist today for I have heavy periods when I have them which can be fortnightly or three weeks sometimes five weeks apart. The gynecologist is arranging for hysteroscopy to check the womb lining and has encouraged me to have the Mirena fitted at the same time. I am using the Evorel sequi patches for the last three months and I have not seen any improvement in my symptoms so wondering if Mirena is the solution!!! I am a bit nervous for I have never had any children and other than having a smear never had any thing invasive inside me.

Can anyone who has had the Mirena please advise if this will be right course of treatment.

I've had a coil fitted before and it wasn't too bad, similar to a smear. I'm having a mirena fitted on the 9th August..

Sammiejane

« Reply #1720 on: August 02, 2019, 09:53:17 AM »

Good morning ladies

Can I ask for those of you that are on estrogel only and estrogel combines with progesterone -utrogestan 100mg have you notice any hair loss or increased hair shedding ?

Gracie65

« Reply #1721 on: August 02, 2019, 12:42:48 PM »

Hi SammieJane,

I would say I had increased shedding for a few months and seems to have settled at the moment. My hair is drier and duller than before taking HRT, but my hair thinning started a few years ago so before taking HRT. How does your scalp look? mine is quite pink and that is where my thinning is most noticeable to me along my parting line and crown.  I hate going into shops and restaurants with bright lights now!

Tracey E

« Reply #1722 on: August 02, 2019, 02:46:52 PM »

I'm only in 7 days Utrogestan so my shedding must be the Estrogel..

juliemargaret

« Reply #1723 on: August 02, 2019, 02:56:36 PM »

Are you shredding too Tracey?
Sammie - mine went really fine and lots of shedding prior to hrt...I was low in zinc apparently. Shed a.scary lot too. This was also one of my perimeno symptoms...my hair loss i think. Ive been on hrt 3 months and a week today....alterbate day 100mg vag utro and 2 pumps gel. Not sure if hair is better or worse.....i do know that after its washed i dont know who it belongs to ! It seems dull and see through. I put it back and ignore it!! Want to try a sequi but this is also a worry of mine...the hair loss on estro (or 12 days prog!)

X

Tracey E

« Reply #1724 on: August 02, 2019, 03:33:07 PM »

Well I'm going to give Estradot patches a go and see if it improves. I'll keep you posted.. :o
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 187