Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 711174 times)

Debra66

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1650 on: June 25, 2019, 05:03:21 PM »

I have just upped my estrogel to 2.5 pumps from 2 & already I feel bloated & my breasts hurt. I hope it will settle down. I upped my dose because of my low moods & anxiety.

Tracey E

« Reply #1651 on: June 25, 2019, 06:10:42 PM »

Does anyone know the minimum amount of pumps of estrogel required for protection for osteoporosis?

Joaniepat

« Reply #1652 on: June 25, 2019, 06:45:29 PM »

Does anyone know the minimum amount of pumps of estrogel required for protection for osteoporosis?

You need a serum estradiol level of about 250 pmol/l. No one can say how many pumps of Estrogel you should use to get that level because it depends how well you absorb it.

JP x

pricey

« Reply #1653 on: June 25, 2019, 06:56:59 PM »

Hi ladies,
I'm still having issues with my treatment. I'm 54 and my bleeding is still random on Evorel Sequi. Flushes and other symptoms pretty well controlled. My GP recommended Mirena again with oestrogen as gel or patch but I bottled out of the fitting again today   I have avoided it for 4 years and feel like she keeps pushing it. My sister didn't do well on it at all. The GP did mention separate oestrogen and progesterone therapy as an alternative before pushing Mirena again, but didn't pursue it  I'm assuming this might be what this group is about. I know supply is an issue with lots of brands. I struggled to get this last batch of Evorel and am told it could be my last  The women's health nurse is phoning me tomorrow. She can prescribe HRT. I want to try this option. I've been on HRT for 4 years now. Some months I just have the withdrawal bleed, others I have two bleeds as doctor thinks my own cycle is kicking in  Prior to HRT I know I had a short pist ovulatory cycle and suspect this may play a part  I have tried Conti types too at GP's suggestion.  That was a nightmare.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Xxx

westie

« Reply #1654 on: July 08, 2019, 03:23:56 PM »

Hi Ladies

Am new to HRT and 9 days into my prescribed dose of 2 pumps of Estrogel. Haven't started Utrogestan yet was told to give it four weeks and then start taking 100 mg daily.

I am feeling very nauseous all the time. Am thinking this may be due to the fact that I have gone 7 years post meno without HRT so my hormone levels must be zero and my body is struggling to adjust to sudden influx of oestrogen. Would that be fair thinking? Should I reduce the dose to one pump for now and see how I go? Can't bear feeling like this especially as I am currently on holiday and should be enjoying myself!

Thanks

W xx

westie

« Reply #1655 on: July 08, 2019, 05:01:42 PM »

Thanks Birdy, good advice and that's what I was wondering about reducing the dose. Maybe i'll Stick with two and see how I go.

W xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #1656 on: July 08, 2019, 05:08:18 PM »

I reckon it will take some time for your body to adjust.  It took me at least 5 months to start to feel vaguely normal.  You are very early days Westie, 9 days is about a "blink" in hrt terms.  Personally it is my theory the longer your body is "out of bonk" the longer it takes to balance.  You are just going to have to stick with it I am afraid, hrt really isn't a quick fix.  Your body is taking on board something it hasn't had for some time - all sorts of weird things can happen in the first 3 months. 
In fact the minimum time for any hrt to work is 3months.

Hope you can persevere, good luck.

westie

« Reply #1657 on: July 08, 2019, 05:48:57 PM »

Thank you yes I know you are right and I will persevere am determined to get back to my old self come what may! Or as close as possible anyway!

W xx

vintagefiend

« Reply #1658 on: July 09, 2019, 10:11:31 AM »

Hi ladies,
Thanks for all the support and info that you've given me :)
I now apply 2 pumps oestrogel and have done so for the past two weeks.
I am massively appreciative that I don't feel suicidal any longer but I could still be better!
I tend to wake with a depressive feeling and I do feel waves of anxiety at any given time- and my energy isn't great.
What I'd like to know is, should I increase my oestrogel now given that it's obviously the stuff for me?!
Or, should I wait the full 3 months before assessing?
It was an arbitrary 2 pumps anyway- decided by me- and I do know that I had nigh-on zero oestradiol before commencing so i guess I'm not overdoing it. Also I'm 47, so relatively young and in need of oestrogen!!
It sounds odd,but I feel like I've plateaued a bit now and am ready to increase- but am i being hasty and should i wait longer?
Also, does anyone know what an "ideal" oestradiol level is- a) for mood and general wellbeing and b) for consideration of tetosterone?
Thank you, lovely ladies x

Dotty

« Reply #1659 on: July 09, 2019, 10:16:09 AM »

Hi there isn't really an ideal oestradiol level as everyone is different . I might feel fine on a low reading but others might need it a lot higher.

I started on 2 pumps of Oestrogel but very quickly went up to 4 and I'm still on 4 18 months later x

Ladybt28

« Reply #1660 on: July 09, 2019, 10:55:31 AM »

There are no ideal levels vintagefriend.  If you are feeling better but not right increase by half a pump or 1 pump for another2 weeks.  I did any of my increases 2-3 weeks at a time.  I took it right up to 4 like Dotty, stayed there for about 6 months but was getting sore boobs all the time so I dropped it to 3 and my body seems fine with it.  It takes a huge while to build up and then level off, well it did for me.  Trust your judgement - you know who your body feels.  The anxiety takes ages to settle 5 months for me.  No totally gone I can still get spooked but the morning thing went after just about 5/6 months.

My energy and libido and brain fogginess responded to testosterone rather than the oestrogel and I was given that 6 months in.  They like you to get the gel and progesterone levelled before they will consider (if they are willing to consider and that depends on consultant and/or GP and/or prescribing area) giving testosterone  to you. 

I have never had any of my hormone levels tested I have been treated based on symptoms.

vintagefiend

« Reply #1661 on: July 09, 2019, 01:11:35 PM »

Brilliant!
Thank you Dotty and Ladybt28- both super helpful!
Yes, my intuition tells me to increase by up to an extra pump; I'll give my current 2 pumps another week then go for it!
Very interesting to hear that you have v similar symptoms, Lady- i didn't realise the morning depression was a "thing"!
and to read that the anxiety does settle (sort of) is fantastic! even if it takes several months, to know that it's likely makes me sooo happy!
i'm so pleased that the oestrogel has started to give me my life back and am willing to take it slowly in terms of testosterone- it's great to have it on the back-burner!
and i won't get too caught up on levels..just gauge stuff by how i'm feeling.
thanks again  :)

westie

« Reply #1662 on: July 09, 2019, 02:34:19 PM »

Yes thank you so much everyone these last few posts have been really helpful for me too.

Always fantastic advice on here for which I am so grateful

W xx

juliemargaret

« Reply #1663 on: July 09, 2019, 07:43:59 PM »

Been heplful.to me also these posts - thanks.
Vintagefriend - are you on utrogestan?
Im 8 weeks in thia friday..2 pumlps of estrogel and alternate days utrogestan (im.48 nearly...and peri and this regime was advised by a reputable meno doc). I mean i dont feel real bad...BUT dont feel amazing neither. No problem with the regime..i just follow it....although had 3 bleeds in 8 weeks and as we speak now im still wiping dark gooey blood (sorry!). I do know this can happen whilst adjusting...so ive just been trying to stay positive and hopeful one day is the day and my mojo and everyrjing else appears! Alas!
The first few weeks i felt okayish..calmer even...less overwhelmed BUT the last 5 days felt rather poo. Quietly agitated..flat..low mood....sore left breast and rather fatigued and i look drained. ..or feel i do anyway. Im.wondering what do i do now? Do i need to up my estrogel to maybe another half pump...taking it to 2 and a half.? The utrogestan....i dont know....not causing any probs unless its.causing them.all....i feel a bit lost and confused....and know i could perhaps feel better but dont know how - ie...what to tweak or change if owt.

Can anyone help x
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:53:36 PM by Jmargaret »

Ladybt28

« Reply #1664 on: July 09, 2019, 10:39:14 PM »

I just wonder about every other day utrogestan??? I have never heard of it being prescribed that way?  It would make things harder to balance and could account for the random bleeding.  You possibly need more gel.  Bleeding on a continuous regime (although yours isn't strictly continuous, otherwise you would be using utrogestan every day) usually means not enough gel to balance the system.  How was the "every other day" utrogestan explained to you jmargaret?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 187